Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TISAS "Raider" 1911

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    "Special Ops" 1911's seem to be a popular theme:

https://milarmamentcorp.com/mac-1911-jsoc-45/
    I don't care for rails, baby turd color 1911s (Raider) but I'd go for the MAC model if I can find one.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    Recently purchased a Tisa 9mm 1911 from private seller, LNIB. Two mags ran fine, then every other shot was FTF/failure to extract, thought I was getting a deal for $300, it was an absolute pos.
    LGS gave me $275 in trade for a CZ 75B omega, so basically it was the cost of a rental gun (one way to rationalize it). Perhaps just a fluke, but will never buy any Turkish made firearm ever again.
    It’s the risk of buying suspect makers. They will get some right and you can get lucky and other times you can get a dog. It’s all part of the sub $500 gun game. Good luck getting it up and running.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Overall, Tisas seems to have a pretty good reputation.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't care for rails, baby turd color 1911s (Raider) but I'd go for the MAC model if I can find one.
    I've shot both, the MAC is objectively the nicer gun with more features. The Raider other than the rail is a pretty basic 1911 (no checkering, smaller safeties, etc)

I'll take the JSOC MAC if I had to pick, for sure.

Tisas is making these slightly cheaper guns more competitive.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The rail is off, the MARSOC M45s had a spec pic rail; looks like Tisas copied an older Colt 'Rail Gun' which first had the thinner type of rail before they all went to the spec pic rail.
    God Damn! Those are the ugliest grips EVER!! The 1970s wouldn't even like them!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It’s the risk of buying suspect makers. They will get some right and you can get lucky and other times you can get a dog. It’s all part of the sub $500 gun game. Good luck getting it up and running.

PB
    That's a bit rich. Tisas is very well established and makes as good an everyday firearm as any manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Recently purchased a Tisa 9mm 1911 from private seller, LNIB. Two mags ran fine, then every other shot was FTF/failure to extract, thought I was getting a deal for $300, it was an absolute pos.
    That sucks. I'd like to get one of their 9mm pistols, and would be ok with an occasional malf since it'd be a range blaster only. But constant stoppage is a pisser.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    They have to be quick on their feet, we are so fickle !
    WELL SAID !!

Feedback Score
    Picked up a Tisas 1911 because 1.) Did not have 1911 2.) Price was extremely cheap. Result: absolute pos, constant jamming, regardless of mags used. Subsequently sold it back one week later to LGS where I purchased it. I took a bit of a loss, but better than melting it down for scrap iron. Phuck turkish made imitation weapons.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Picked up a Tisas 1911 because 1.) Did not have 1911 2.) Price was extremely cheap. Result: absolute pos, constant jamming, regardless of mags used. Subsequently sold it back one week later to LGS where I purchased it. I took a bit of a loss, but better than melting it down for scrap iron. Phuck turkish made imitation weapons.
    In all fairness. The 1911 has been fuX0red up by many many companies. Shit! Kimber has a entire company built on dog shit 1911s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast