Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which to purchase? LMT MWS Defender or DD5 V3

Feedback Score
    What did you get?
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    DD5, primarily because of the weight. I decided to go with a lighter weight ar10 variant because I have an older AR10 that weighs 12lbs before magazine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    never go DD, never support anti 2a companies

Feedback Score
    I have had a hate/hate relationship with AR-10s. I have owned 4 with issues: Inexplicable loss of accuracy, reliability issues, more weight than I wanted. After handling and shooting a buddies DDM5(he is a prior service guy who is not a gun guy and uses that rifle for everything. He has that and a G19) I bought one last week for just over 2k out the door (DDM5V3). So far I have 263rds though it with no malfunctions. Sub MOA with 168gr handloads, 1.5 MOA with Winchester m118lr(that shit is hot), 2 MOA with M80 ball, and 1.25 MOA with 110gr Nosler Varmegedon handloads. 25% unsuppressed, 75% suppressed. Gassing seems perfect on each setting. Good hits out to 640 so far with a 1-10 gen 3 RZR. Still handy enough for general purpose carbine stuff with a loaded mag, 1-10, backup irons, and a Modlite.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    I have had a hate/hate relationship with AR-10s. I have owned 4 with issues: Inexplicable loss of accuracy, reliability issues, more weight than I wanted. After handling and shooting a buddies DDM5(he is a prior service guy who is not a gun guy and uses that rifle for everything. He has that and a G19) I bought one last week for just over 2k out the door (DDM5V3). So far I have 263rds though it with no malfunctions. Sub MOA with 168gr handloads, 1.5 MOA with Winchester m118lr(that shit is hot), 2 MOA with M80 ball, and 1.25 MOA with 110gr Nosler Varmegedon handloads. 25% unsuppressed, 75% suppressed. Gassing seems perfect on each setting. Good hits out to 640 so far with a 1-10 gen 3 RZR. Still handy enough for general purpose carbine stuff with a loaded mag, 1-10, backup irons, and a Modlite.
    +1. I love mine. With a Surefire 762 SOCOM K can, I don’t even have to put on the suppressed mode for most loads. I get about 1-1.25 MOA with M118 clone ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    The 1-10 lpvo has been adequate for your purposes? Some say that the 2-10 is superior but I keep drifting back to the 1-10 for general purpose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsank View Post
    The 1-10 lpvo has been adequate for your purposes? Some say that the 2-10 is superior but I keep drifting back to the 1-10 for general purpose.
    It’s been perfect on that rifle. Yesterday I was doing close drills with it and shooting in 25+mph winds to 450. That rifle is just handy enough that I would miss 1x on the bottom end.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I probably would have gone with the DD5 as well. The MARS is a chunk. I have a MR762 so I know how heavy AR's get old fast
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertsk1 View Post
    DD5, primarily because of the weight. I decided to go with a lighter weight ar10 variant because I have an older AR10 that weighs 12lbs before magazine.
    Well, you picked a good one!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12