Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range Trip With My DDM4v7 LW

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmorris View Post
    Flashlight, thread lock, witness mark on screws.
    Check them when you clean it.

I vote Geissele for a trigger. I have Larue too, but think it is a small step down from my SSA-e’s for two stage.
    I went through and redid everything this way, so that should take care of it. You all are terrible at spending other people's money!

I'm going to hold off on a trigger for a bit longer. I do have an ALG ACT sitting in a drawer that I've never used from a while back. Bought it on a whim. I know it's not comparable, but I may stick it in there just to try it. I'm not above tinkering and trying stuff just to see what it does.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For triggers, I'm very happy with the FCD Schmid 2 stage I just put in a new build a while back.

Also very content with the RRA NM 2 stage I have in another gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM516 View Post
    I went through and redid everything this way, so that should take care of it. You all are terrible at spending other people's money!

I'm going to hold off on a trigger for a bit longer. I do have an ALG ACT sitting in a drawer that I've never used from a while back. Bought it on a whim. I know it's not comparable, but I may stick it in there just to try it. I'm not above tinkering and trying stuff just to see what it does.
    Do try it since you've got it on hand. I guarantee it'll be better than what's in there. ALG triggers are nice, if we're talking single stage.

We have their QMS trigger in the HH6's gun, it's way better than any basic milspec setup.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Definitely try out the ACT. I'm sure it's better than the stock trigger.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I also have an ACOG (TA110 variety, with the green horseshoe) that I want to compare to. I've read and re-read basically every thread about this subject on the forum, so at this point I figure the only real way to decide is to just do back-to-back comparisons and determine which I prefer.

Feedback Score
    I suppose I'll just use this thread as my thoughts about this gun as I use it more.

Sometime in the last couple weeks one of the MLOK nuts in the Daniel Defense foregrip came loose and fell off. While I was packing up from the range yesterday the foregrip came off entirely. It didn't break, the other MLOK nut just came loose. I am positive both the nuts were secure and they haven't actually faced any heavy use yet. This has me questioning MLOK's suitability and looking at the good old-fashioned picatinny rails I'm used to.
    Throw some blue loctite on the screws you use for M-lok attachments and snug them down when you install them. This will help that issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I also have an ACOG (TA110 variety, with the green horseshoe) that I want to compare to. I've read and re-read basically every thread about this subject on the forum, so at this point I figure the only real way to decide is to just do back-to-back comparisons and determine which I prefer.
    The only way you're going to figure out which optic you prefer is to try them both and make a decision. Both are good optics, but there are pros and cons to each.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Installed the ALG ACT. It feels exactly as advertised, a lighter, smoother mil-spec. I like how it felt dry-firing but haven't taken it to the range yet.

Dumb question though; the instructions say the lighter purple spring could cause light strikes on hard primers. I searched everywhere and 1.) didn't see anyone this has happened to and 2.) why are light strikes a concern for a 4.5 lb single stage but not a "4.5" lb two stage like the Geissele SSA?

Feedback Score
    I've had some time to compare the TA110 ACOG and the Kahles K16. The LPVO is better in almost every way to the ACOG, except the eye box. The ACOG has a huge eye box that is very easy to get behind and use. I've tried adjusting the diopter on the LPVO every which way I can Google, but it's just not nearly as easy to get behind as the ACOG.

That doesn't mean it's difficult, but the ACOG is extremely easy. I have much greater situational awareness with the LPVO on 1x and more precision on 6x. I've heard the Kahles has the most forgiving eye box, so I'm wondering if there's a trick I'm missing or a better option (VCOG maybe? Love the ACOG reticle too, so a VCOG seems like a logical choice).

Bottom line...the LPVO does everything better than the ACOG, but it's got just enough annoying things that I'm still on the fence (no I haven't used the LPVO as a hammer and won't be doing that intentionally). Any thoughts on something to try or a different LPVO?

Edit: I don't really like the mag adjustment on the Kahles. It's extremely stiff, which is great to prevent it accidentally moving, but there's no tactile feedback and using it will cause the whole rifle to cant unless I really grip it hard. Windage and elevation adjustments are not that great either, very little tactile feedback. The ACOG is very tactile and stupid easy to adjust.
    Last edited by ChrisM516; 06-22-23 at 12:31.

Feedback Score
    Bottom line...the LPVO does everything better than the ACOG, but it's got just enough annoying things that I'm still on the fence (no I haven't used the LPVO as a hammer and won't be doing that intentionally). Any thoughts on something to try or a different LPVO?

Edit: I don't really like the mag adjustment on the Kahles. It's extremely stiff, which is great to prevent it accidentally moving, but there's no tactile feedback and using it will cause the whole rifle to cant unless I really grip it hard. Windage and elevation adjustments are not that great either, very little tactile feedback. The ACOG is very tactile and stupid easy to adjust.
    Welcome my friend to the search for the Holly Grail of optics, the great White Buffalo that does everything you want it to with no downsides... unfortunately many people seem to be searching for just such an optic with no luck. My favorite LPVO for an AR that I've tried thus far is a Razor 1-6, but the magnification throw does suck and it's not the lightest by far. I have the 1-10x on an AR10 which works amazing for a 1-8x when out in the woods but that extra 2x magnification starts to induce heavy scope shadow. For my main AR I've just gone back to an Acog out of pure simplicity, I know what I'm getting and I know it works decently for whatever role I put it in.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast