Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Trip With My DDM4v7 LW

Feedback Score

Range Trip With My DDM4v7 LW

Took my Daniel Defense DDM4v7 with lightweight barrel for a short range trip after work. Really like this rifle, it's my "do-all" gun. Just some plinking at 100 yards at 6x to familiarize myself with using an LPVO and see if it's something I'll stick with. Brought it in to 25 yards at 1x just to do some standing drills, no pictures of those targets. Crawl, walk, run and all that. I'm thinking I'll look at 2 stage triggers. I found myself wishing for something between the trigger squeeze and the bang.

Stuff:
    Kahles K16i in a Geissele mount
    PMC M193 this time
    Magpul K2 & MOE SL
    Modlite

Got some flyers in there but pretty happy given the ammo choice.

Last edited by ChrisM516; 04-18-23 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Real Nice gun and decent work with M193. Was this all standing or prone or bench with rear bag and how big are those targets?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Real Nice gun and decent work with M193. Was this all standing or prone or bench with rear bag and how big are those targets?

PB
    Thanks. From a bench using a cheap Caldwell sandbag in the front, no rear bag. Targets are 5.5" (red circle is an inch).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No rear bag, that is good enough for slapping some rounds down range. Well done.

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really nice rifle you got there. Definitely not horrible shooting given the new optic and no rear support. You could definitely improve but you now have a baseline to build upon.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Echoing what others said, thats a solid setup, you have a good baseline.

The rifle can do quite a bit better with match ammo if you work to figure out how to solidify your position (based on results i suspect you shot a rifle a time or two before ) I would suggest some more time on the stock trigger before upgrading, it will force you to solidify the fundamentals which will make an upgrade more effective.

Good work, keep at it!
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-18-23 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Really nice rifle you got there. Definitely not horrible shooting given the new optic and no rear support. You could definitely improve but you now have a baseline to build upon.
    Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to more improvement and keeping things updated here.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Echoing what others said, thats a solid setup, you have a good baseline.

The rifle can do quite a bit better with match ammo if you work to figure out how to solidify your position (based on results i suspect you shot a rifle a time or two before ) I would suggest some more time on the stock trigger before upgrading, it will force you to solidify the fundamentals which will make an upgrade more effective.

Good work, keep at it!
    Thanks! I am going to try some match ammo soon. This M193 is my bulk training stash so just wanted to get a baseline with it. I will definitely get some more trigger time before making more changes though. The temptation is always to fiddle with parts before anything else because it's just fun!

I do have some background with shooting. I was in the Air Force (Security Forces) until last year, so really just basic stuff and quarterly "shoot, move, communicate" training. I did the Special Reaction Team thing for a couple years but it was more like an extracurricular than anything else since we we were only ever called out once that I remember. I didn't have much interest in guns before then and when I realized I enjoyed shooting, I went overseas for four years, then California for a year before getting out, so this is the first chance I've had to actually explore it as a hobby and not work.

Feedback Score
    Nice gun.. Larue MBT2 would be a nice 2 stage trigger upgrade that wont break the bank. Or Sionics 2 stage

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Great rifle. I bought a DDM4V7 LW right after they were introduced. I used it as a department approved/private purchase Patrol Rifle while I was as a supervisor of a large canine unit tasked with going after violent armed felons. Over time, I took mine to many training classes. I now have a “few” DDM4V7LW’s. They are excellent rifles, that I would, and have trusted my life with.

You have an excellent rifle. If you would consider advice from a stranger, get professional, qualified training. Then practice what you learned.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 04-22-23 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    I suppose I'll just use this thread as my thoughts about this gun as I use it more.

Sometime in the last couple weeks one of the MLOK nuts in the Daniel Defense foregrip came loose and fell off. While I was packing up from the range yesterday the foregrip came off entirely. It didn't break, the other MLOK nut just came loose. I am positive both the nuts were secure and they haven't actually faced any heavy use yet. This has me questioning MLOK's suitability and looking at the good old-fashioned picatinny rails I'm used to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast