Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range Trip With My DDM4v7 LW

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM516 View Post
    I suppose I'll just use this thread as my thoughts about this gun as I use it more.

Sometime in the last couple weeks one of the MLOK nuts in the Daniel Defense foregrip came loose and fell off. While I was packing up from the range yesterday the foregrip came off entirely. It didn't break, the other MLOK nut just came loose. I am positive both the nuts were secure and they haven't actually faced any heavy use yet. This has me questioning MLOK's suitability and looking at the good old-fashioned picatinny rails I'm used to.
    I've never had a properly installed mlok attachment come loose in thousands and thousands of rounds over several years. However all of mine are loctited, and take significant torque to remove. I'm leaning towards improper installation as the cause for your issue.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I've never had a properly installed mlok attachment come loose in thousands and thousands of rounds over several years. However all of mine are loctited, and take significant torque to remove. I'm leaning towards improper installation as the cause for your issue.
    User error is definitely the most likely cause. I still plan to give it another try but keeping my eye on them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Same here, never had anything come loose off of MLOK rails, but I do loctite ALL of that shit, always. Makes a huge difference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM516 View Post
    User error is definitely the most likely cause. I still plan to give it another try but keeping my eye on them.
    Chris,

Its not uncommon for MLOK attachments to lock down without actually being properly engaged in the rail. Its happened to me more than once, and I've ended up using a flashlight to verify everything now.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Chris,

Its not uncommon for MLOK attachments to lock down without actually being properly engaged in the rail. Its happened to me more than once, and I've ended up using a flashlight to verify everything now.
    I've had the same experience more than once, now that you mention it. Also use a light to verify. Thank for bringing that up.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Chris,

This. I have the same procedure now in that I check every attachment with a flashlight to ensure the Mlok screws and attachment bars are actually attached where they should be.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    This. I have the same procedure now in that I check every attachment with a flashlight to ensure the Mlok screws and attachment bars are actually attached where they should be.
    Same here.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Thanks folks. Need to go through with Loctite and verify they're locked down. Don't want to lose my nice Modlite. Quad rails just seem more idiot-proof.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've had the same experience as the others here with Mlok. Solid mounting system, but use Loctite and verify with a flashlight that the hardware inside the rail has rotated into the proper position. I've never had anything come loose after following this procedure.

As for the trigger issue, IMO DD mil-spec triggers are total garbage, especially when compared against the trigger you get with a BCM, Sionics, or SOLGW. It is my opinion that for the money you can not get a better trigger than the Larue MBT. They come in single stage, two stage, curved and flat.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Flashlight, thread lock, witness mark on screws.
    Check them when you clean it.

I vote Geissele for a trigger. I have Larue too, but think it is a small step down from my SSA-e’s for two stage.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast