Thread: Federal ND55664 overruns

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Federal ND55664 overruns

Seems to be some kind of contract overrun or defect training ammo being dumped on the market. The main feature is it seems to be a non-bonded training analogue of the FBI ammo

Features:

Ideal for target practice and training
    Accurate and reliable
    Non-duty bonded training analog for LE duty ammo

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026091053?pid=981215

Thank you to the "themonk" for excellent documentation in another thread:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...45#post3101245

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Follow up on the ND55664 ammo. I received my shipment yesterday. It appears to be a gold dot bullet on a fusion 64gr soft point loading, like it was a mix-up. Powder looks the same. I have a ton of fusion so I pulled a few bullets to take a look. Unfortunately, I just shot the rest of my gold dot.

On Fusion bullets the lead tip sits proud. On these and my memory of gold dot, they just sit flush to help with deformation. I have included pics below. Someone far more knowledgeable than me please chime in. I will get chrono numbers later this week out of a 16" and a 12.5".

Fusion 64gr soft point & ND55664 side by side

ND55664

Fusion

Fusion bullet weight

ND55664 bullet weight

ND55664 left / Fusion right

Fusion Top / ND55664

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    The ND stuff does NOT look like a Fusion/Gold Dot bullet, looks more like a TBBC which would make sense since TBBC is only sold under Federal exclusively while Fusion/Gold Dot rolls out of the Speer line and is rebranded to Federal.

Not sure how a unbonded TBBC would work since the bonding process of the TBBC vs Fusion/Gold Dot is baked vs plated but from what Ive seen from cross sections an unbonded TBBC looks very similar to a Mk318 SOST.
    To quote myself from the other thread I suspect this just an unbonded TBBC but Im not 100% sure, other opinions and observations are welcome, I also suspect this would make excellent budget defensive ammo if my suspicions are correct and this would perform similarly to Mk318 which basically a non-bonded TBBC.

I feel like atleast a water jug test would be in order if someone has this ammo and is willing to do it.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-18-23 at 16:27.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Non-duty bonded training analog for LE duty ammo[/I]

To quote myself from the other thread I suspect this just an unbonded TBBC but Im not 100% sure, other opinions and observations are welcome, I also suspect this would make excellent budget defensive ammo
    I interpreted that line as bonded ammo that is not intended for duty use. Which means it is seconds, otherwise it’d be FMJ. But, I agree with your broader assessment, which is that it will kill the shit out of whatever needs killing.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I shot lots of Remington and Hornady 55-grain soft points from CAR-15s, and I can say they're both more accurate than Ball and yes, will kill the ever-loving snot out of deer.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, the guy I spoke to at Federal confirmed to me that it is indeed a bonded round.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I seent this in the other thread, but it's out of stock so...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    FWIW, the guy I spoke to at Federal confirmed to me that it is indeed a bonded round.
    Ah my bad, I interpreted the "Non-duty bonded training analog" as non-bonded training ammo not for duty use . Good to know its bonded atleast.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well that blows, I would have grabbed a case. Looked like some decent ammo for .60/rd.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    At some point this week I will try to do some crono through a 16" and a 12.5".
    nawai

Feedback Score
    I'd have easily bought a 500rd case for that $299 price, maybe two (although I need it like another hole in the head!).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I just picked up 300 rounds of this stuff about a month ago from Bereli. It comes and goes. Free shipping too!