Thread: .300 BLK PDW Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

.300 BLK PDW Build

https://imgur.com/a/hT58CoG

I built a .300 blackout PDW and had the chance to shoot it for the first time today.

It has a Ballistic Advantage 6” barrel and a Maxim Defense BCG and telescoping buttstock.

I only put 80 rounds through it because I was at an indoor range (40 feet max).

I was surprised by how light the recoil was and how well the stock felt. I fired 40 rounds of 150gr FMJ and 20 rounds of 110gr V-Max without issue. It was very accurate at the admittedly short range I shot it. I also fired 20 rounds of 220gr subsonic, but it failed to feed all of them. It would fire and eject the empty case and cock the hammer, but fail to strip a fresh round from the magazine. My subsequent trigger pull just dropped the hammer on an empty chamber.

I have a .30 suppressor in jail (Deadair Nomad) so all the shooting was unsuppressed. I was running the standard weight buffer from Maxim.

I’m thinking that I have it set up correctly. It fires supers no problem and just barely chokes on subs unsuppressed. I think when I mount the suppressor, it will run fine with subs and supers. I have no plans on ever shooting subs again without a suppressor.

Does anyone have any similar experience with such a setup? Am I thinking about this correctly?
    Last edited by tkoglman; 04-18-23 at 17:35.