Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "California Man Casually Walks Away After Taking 2 To The Chest"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"California Man Casually Walks Away After Taking 2 To The Chest"

Various moving parts to this one to unpack, but it's a good example of how pistol rnds in duty loads are poor man stoppers and the psych aspect matters. He's unphased by taking two center mass almost point blank to the chest and brain and body react well after he could have pulled a gun, knife etc. She did not do a mag dump on him.

Noting the position of the body cam, either she's a tiny little person, or he's a giant, or both. You get a sense of her size (height and girth...) by body cam of partner running up. She went right to lethal force. Would a large male LEO have done that? I don't expect her to get into a wrestling match with the guy no, but I question the wisdom of then having a tiny physically defenseless person working alone as an LEO. This man (vet?) obviously suffering serious mental illness. Did he have to go out like that?

I was not there, not going to throw her under the buss and pretend I'd have taken him down with a leg sweep and all that ninja BS, but I feel there's legit Qs to ask there:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isn't the general rule no matter what load you use is to keep shooting till "it" stops?

Someone told me that recently as a means to convey what happened if I had to speak before I saw my lawyer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Isn't the general rule no matter what load you use is to keep shooting till "it" stops?

Someone told me that recently as a means to convey what happened if I had to speak before I saw my lawyer.
    Did she follow UOF SOP of the PD? I don't know. He could just as well have rushed her, taken her gun, and killer her with it after the 2 shots before he died, which has happened, hence why the "shoot until the threat is no longer a threat" SOP developed.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post

Did she follow UOF SOP of the PD? I don't know. He could just as well have rushed her, taken her gun, and killer her with it after the 2 shots before he died, which has happened, hence why the "shoot until the threat is no longer a threat" SOP developed.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Police Officers should be able to safely work alone and engage in physical confrontations when needed, furthermore they should have the judgment to disengage when extra help is needed.

If you are too small to work safely alone, you should not be allowed to be a police officer.

Simply being small does not give one a license to kill.

IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I do not have a YouTube account and cannot watch the video.

Handguns are terrible at stopping people. A Chicago Police Officer that participated in the Northwest Suburban Pistol League told us of an account where his handgun did not stop the suspect. He was at handshake distance, took a 1911 and placed two rounds of .45 ACP +P 185g JHP into the sternum of a suspect, then the suspect ran away. The suspect ran several blocks before he lost enough blood to make him collapse.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    A lot of variables for sure.

Reminds me of a trauma we ran once, guy tried to kill himself by shooting himself in the chest, a .32 if I recall. First shot did not work. Neither did the second. He was talkative and hemodynamically stable. A shot to the heart or aorta, yeah, game over, in a hot second. But there's a a lot of vital territory you can miss for sure.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    A lot of variables for sure.

Reminds me of a trauma we ran once, guy tried to kill himself by shooting himself in the chest, a .32 if I recall. First shot did not work. Neither did the second. He was talkative and hemodynamically stable. A shot to the heart or aorta, yeah, game over, in a hot second. But there's a a lot of vital territory you can miss for sure.

Feedback Score
    Society has deemed that police departments can/t discriminate against people because of their race, sex, size, weight, etc. That allows people to enter the field when they are small and unable to physically control people of average size. I dealt with these issues for many years while working in the LE field and you would not believe the issues we encountered. Complaints against any of those officers became issues of discrimination and we quickly learned we had to keep our mouths shut to keep our jobs. Many of the small stature individuals were injured, many only slightly but they received full medical retirement pensions for the remainder of their lives. That is about all I am willing to share at this point.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebolt View Post
    Society has deemed that police departments can/t discriminate against people because of their race, sex, size, weight, etc. That allows people to enter the field when they are small and unable to physically control people of average size. I dealt with these issues for many years while working in the LE field and you would not believe the issues we encountered. Complaints against any of those officers became issues of discrimination and we quickly learned we had to keep our mouths shut to keep our jobs. Many of the small stature individuals were injured, many only slightly but they received full medical retirement pensions for the remainder of their lives. That is about all I am willing to share at this point.
    You're not exposing info those in LE or those who know/work with, LE are not aware of. We all know the realities of it I suspect. What do you think of how she handled that event specifically?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast