Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USCCA insurance for gun owners?

Feedback Score
    I've been with USCCA for several years, but never had to use it (Good thing). I'm getting close to retirement and will be taking a close look at finances. My insurance guy and I discussed an umbrella a couple of years ago as opposed to raising my liability limits on my vehicles. I guess I need to ask about criminal and or civil liabilities?
    Here is a link to a rebuttal by Tom Grieve. He has appeared in several of USCCA videos. He also has his own YouTube channel that I have subscribed to. He does a good job of getting his point across without being too wordy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5hKjSlmwU

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have US Lawshield.

Feedback Score
    I have USCCA. Never used it. I would also consider

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerMKII View Post
    I've been with USCCA for several years, but never had to use it (Good thing). I'm getting close to retirement and will be taking a close look at finances. My insurance guy and I discussed an umbrella a couple of years ago as opposed to raising my liability limits on my vehicles. I guess I need to ask about criminal and or civil liabilities?
    Here is a link to a rebuttal by Tom Grieve. He has appeared in several of USCCA videos. He also has his own YouTube channel that I have subscribed to. He does a good job of getting his point across without being too wordy.
    An umbrella policy is not going to pay for your attorney fees if you shoot someone in self defense.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerMKII View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn5hKjSlmwU
    Go to the 4 minute mark. They will recoup costs if you enter a plea.

The attorney made some condescending remarks about traffic court and doing 10-20 years for a homicide type offense.

A very real possibility is getting charged for brandishing your firearm, stopping what you believe is an eminent attack but shooting no one.If you think this is outside the realm of possibility, spend some time in Cook County IL. Talk to some cops about the States Attorney.

If the prosecutor offers a plea to a lesser offense , ie Disorderly Conduct, or probation, it might be a smart move to take the deal. USCCA could then send you a nice bill.
    Last edited by signal4l; 04-21-23 at 07:40.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12