Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psychedelic treatment linked to substantial reduction in alcohol misuse and PTSD

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Psychedelic treatment linked to substantial reduction in alcohol misuse and PTSD

There's an existing thread on mushrooms and depression, but this study used ibogaine and 5-MeO-DMT, so needs it's own thread:

Psychedelic treatment linked to substantial reduction in alcohol misuse and PTSD symptoms in US Special Operations Forces Veterans

A study of U.S. Special Operations Forces Veterans participating in an ibogaine and 5-MeO-DMT treatment in Mexico showed that participants treated with these psychedelic substances showed a significant reduction in alcohol misuse 1 month after the start of the treatment. These effects persisted 6 months later and there was also a strong reduction in symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder. The study was published in Military Psychology.

Participating in a war is a traumatic experience. Even for the highly trained personnel, elite soldiers chosen because of their outstanding physical and psychological resilience, exposure to combat situations, injuries and isolation have a profound adverse effect on health and well-being. To cope, many military veterans resort to drinking alcohol. Alcohol is the most misused substance by military personnel.

Cont: https://www.psypost.org/2023/03/psyc...veterans-74446

For those who wish to read the study: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...5.2022.2156200
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Years ago, I participated in a thing for headaches, and took psilocybin. I completely lost interest in alcohol for a while, and have no idea why. I lost interest in tobacco for several years. Neither were goals or topics of discussion.

Cleared up the headaches, too, which I have also seen demonstrated in other persons with blast injuries. Like, immediately, like triptans. There’s a “House” episode that almost adequately says that.

I’m currently out as a precaution for an injury, which is rapidly driving me nuts. This is a topic that I think people should research with disregard for the government’s opinion, which has been well proven to be unscientific, and authoritarian. There is no basis, IMO, for the USG’s scheduling of that drug, and we should be hostile toward their claims.

Extremely hostile. The DEA kills people over my opinion on this. Kills, like as in murders, by shooting them to death extrajudiciously. The degree to which taxpayers and murderees are snowed is a travesty. It disgusts me as a doorkicker. Truly disgusting. Its why I despise feds and hope they all choke on dicks as they die while being cowards.
    Last edited by 1168; 04-20-23 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Years ago, I participated in a thing for headaches, and took psilocybin. I completely lost interest in alcohol for a while, and have no idea why. I lost interest in tobacco for several years. Neither were goals or topics of discussion.

Cleared up the headaches, too, which I have also seen demonstrated in other persons with blast injuries. Like, immediately, like triptans. There’s a “House” episode that almost adequately says that.

I’m currently out as a precaution for an injury, which is rapidly driving me nuts. This is a topic that I think people should research with disregard for the government’s opinion, which has been well proven to be unscientific, and authoritarian. There is no basis, IMO, for the USG’s scheduling of that drug, and we should be hostile toward their claims.

Extremely hostile. The DEA kills people over my opinion on this. Kills, like as in murders, by shooting them to death extrajudiciously. The degree to which taxpayers and murderees are snowed is a travesty. It disgusts me as a doorkicker. Truly disgusting. Its why I despise feds and hope they all choke on dicks as they die while being cowards.
    None what so ever. Drug laws kill more people than the drugs themselves. You can't have far more toxic drugs (booz and cigs) legal and expect anyone to take them seriously.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    A family member uses Spravado (Esketamine) for severe Depression with favorable results.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    My nephew is having this treatment for depression and anxiety, it also is said to work on PTSD.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...in-stimulation
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 04-21-23 at 11:22.

Feedback Score
    Will, what are your thoughts on Ketamine Therapy? I know multiple people who have gone that route recently, and it seems to be increasing in popularity.

On our SAR team, we push Ketamine when needed during pre-hospital patient treatment, with good results, but it seems to be getting popular as a guided therapy for treatment of anxiety/depression etc. Similar effects/results to a psilocybin treatment? I know they are different, but both seem to produce a psychedelic trip. Pros/cons to either?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Will, what are your thoughts on Ketamine Therapy? I know multiple people who have gone that route recently, and it seems to be increasing in popularity.

On our SAR team, we push Ketamine when needed during pre-hospital patient treatment, with good results, but it seems to be getting popular as a guided therapy for treatment of anxiety/depression etc. Similar effects/results to a psilocybin treatment? I know they are different, but both seem to produce a psychedelic trip. Pros/cons to either?
    Here ya go: https://brinkzone.com/my-experience-...amine-therapy/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I am a firm believer that two things that can change the world that we (the US) are holding back are Psychedelic treatments (by the DEA) and mesenchymal stem cells (FDA and big pharma).

Tim Ferriss has done a ton of work on Psychedelic treatments and if you are looking to go down a rabbit hole this may be a good place to start - https://tim.blog/2021/03/31/psychedelics-101/

Mesenchymal stem cells are cells pulled from umbilical cords - more info here https://www.cellmedicine.com/ but they are literally the fountain of youth and can solve so many issues we have. You can't patent a biological so big pharma has been blocking it for years through lobbying of Congress and the FDA.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Wow, that sounds terrifying. One of the people i know who did Ketamine Therapy recently had some similar experiences, although not as dark, but same thoughts of being dead and convinced she was not coming back.
    I personally don't feel any need to experiment with any psychedelic substances, but seems like more and more people i know are trying this type of therapy, so it's good to be familiar with some of the results. Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Wow, that sounds terrifying. One of the people i know who did Ketamine Therapy recently had some similar experiences, although not as dark, but same thoughts of being dead and convinced she was not coming back.
    I personally don't feel any need to experiment with any psychedelic substances, but seems like more and more people i know are trying this type of therapy, so it's good to be familiar with some of the results. Thanks for the feedback.
    It was a bad experience. Doc said he'd only had a few people have a truly negative experience but I felt docs and users should be aware of the possibility. Very few seem to have negative experiences with mushrooms under controlled environment.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast