Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
Years ago, I participated in a thing for headaches, and took psilocybin. I completely lost interest in alcohol for a while, and have no idea why. I lost interest in tobacco for several years. Neither were goals or topics of discussion.

Cleared up the headaches, too, which I have also seen demonstrated in other persons with blast injuries. Like, immediately, like triptans. There’s a “House” episode that almost adequately says that.

I’m currently out as a precaution for an injury, which is rapidly driving me nuts. This is a topic that I think people should research with disregard for the government’s opinion, which has been well proven to be unscientific, and authoritarian. There is no basis, IMO, for the USG’s scheduling of that drug, and we should be hostile toward their claims.

Extremely hostile. The DEA kills people over my opinion on this. Kills, like as in murders, by shooting them to death extrajudiciously. The degree to which taxpayers and murderees are snowed is a travesty. It disgusts me as a doorkicker. Truly disgusting. Its why I despise feds and hope they all choke on dicks as they die while being cowards.
Yeah... it's ridiculous that pot and shrooms are Schedule I, especially when I can go tell the doc that my back hurts and they'll give me legal heroin to my heart's content.

If I'm honest with myself, I have PTSD from stuff at work. Plenty of singular episodes and just cumulative of 20 years and I know that medical marijuana and/or micro-dosing shrooms (also with a prescription) would likely help me tremendously. But alas, I worked so hard to get onto and remain on a unit that has a higher likelihood of being in a shooting that most LE jobs. Heaven forbid they pull my blood if I make it happen.

Our DA's office put out a general warning a few years back when CBD was becoming all the rage telling us that it was not a good idea to take it as, being that it was not properly regulated, they could not be 100% certain there is no THC (which once again wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing) and we'd therefore possibly be in a bad way if we had to give a sample.

So I continue to suffer... not as bad as plenty of others... but definitely not having the time of my life either.