Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psychedelic treatment linked to substantial reduction in alcohol misuse and PTSD

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Years ago, I participated in a thing for headaches, and took psilocybin. I completely lost interest in alcohol for a while, and have no idea why. I lost interest in tobacco for several years. Neither were goals or topics of discussion.

Cleared up the headaches, too, which I have also seen demonstrated in other persons with blast injuries. Like, immediately, like triptans. There’s a “House” episode that almost adequately says that.

I’m currently out as a precaution for an injury, which is rapidly driving me nuts. This is a topic that I think people should research with disregard for the government’s opinion, which has been well proven to be unscientific, and authoritarian. There is no basis, IMO, for the USG’s scheduling of that drug, and we should be hostile toward their claims.

Extremely hostile. The DEA kills people over my opinion on this. Kills, like as in murders, by shooting them to death extrajudiciously. The degree to which taxpayers and murderees are snowed is a travesty. It disgusts me as a doorkicker. Truly disgusting. Its why I despise feds and hope they all choke on dicks as they die while being cowards.
    Yeah... it's ridiculous that pot and shrooms are Schedule I, especially when I can go tell the doc that my back hurts and they'll give me legal heroin to my heart's content.

If I'm honest with myself, I have PTSD from stuff at work. Plenty of singular episodes and just cumulative of 20 years and I know that medical marijuana and/or micro-dosing shrooms (also with a prescription) would likely help me tremendously. But alas, I worked so hard to get onto and remain on a unit that has a higher likelihood of being in a shooting that most LE jobs. Heaven forbid they pull my blood if I make it happen.

Our DA's office put out a general warning a few years back when CBD was becoming all the rage telling us that it was not a good idea to take it as, being that it was not properly regulated, they could not be 100% certain there is no THC (which once again wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing) and we'd therefore possibly be in a bad way if we had to give a sample.

So I continue to suffer... not as bad as plenty of others... but definitely not having the time of my life either.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shawn Ryan discusses his experiences after a long list of guests from the SOF community told him how much they benefited from it. For those struggling with PTSD, depression, etc, well worth a view. He, like some others, also re discovered their faith after the experience, which is also noteworthy.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    There's an existing thread on mushrooms and depression, but this study used ibogaine and 5-MeO-DMT, so needs it's own thread:

Psychedelic treatment linked to substantial reduction in alcohol misuse and PTSD symptoms in US Special Operations Forces Veterans

A study of U.S. Special Operations Forces Veterans participating in an ibogaine and 5-MeO-DMT treatment in Mexico showed that participants treated with these psychedelic substances showed a significant reduction in alcohol misuse 1 month after the start of the treatment. These effects persisted 6 months later and there was also a strong reduction in symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder. The study was published in Military Psychology.

Participating in a war is a traumatic experience. Even for the highly trained personnel, elite soldiers chosen because of their outstanding physical and psychological resilience, exposure to combat situations, injuries and isolation have a profound adverse effect on health and well-being. To cope, many military veterans resort to drinking alcohol. Alcohol is the most misused substance by military personnel.

Cont: https://www.psypost.org/2023/03/psyc...veterans-74446

For those who wish to read the study: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...5.2022.2156200
    I'm aware of persons involved in that series of events. There are people who get some seriously bad trips, which is something I wish were followed up on a bit more. However, across the board it is a solid experience that is highly recommended by the guys willing to talk about it. I had seriously thought about it at one point, but no longer feel I'm in the same place that I was back then.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm aware of persons involved in that series of events. There are people who get some seriously bad trips, which is something I wish were followed up on a bit more. However, across the board it is a solid experience that is highly recommended by the guys willing to talk about it. I had seriously thought about it at one point, but no longer feel I'm in the same place that I was back then.
    Very few have a bad experience with Psilocybin, but some do with 5-MeO-DMT apparently. 5-MeO-DMT is the most intense of them but also very short lived. So far, all those willing to talk about it I have seen report a benefit, even of the experience itself was not great.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Very few have a bad experience with Psilocybin, but some do with 5-MeO-DMT apparently. 5-MeO-DMT is the most intense of them but also very short lived. So far, all those willing to talk about it I have seen report a benefit, even of the experience itself was not great.
    Sounds like we are hearing the same back channel info, which means more to me than the paperwork docs.

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments on the thread I just started regarding Ketamine Therapy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12