Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnes VOR-TX 70 grain TSX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I have a bit of the Silver State Armory 77gr "brown-tip" clone from years ago. IIRC the boxes were marked 5.56mm, not .223. I haven't shot any, so can't vouch for accuracy, velocity, or terminal effects. I also have some of the Hornady 5.56mm 77gr GMX, which *should* be a close second behind the SSA as far as similarity.

As I recall you're a fan of the Fusions. Given your street creds , if you could pick ONE 5.56mm round, be it for GWOT or domestic use, what would it be?
    I had a few hundred of the Silver State Armory 70 grain TSX that you're describing but they popped primers when shooting from my 16" BCM. Never had an issue, before or since, with that rifle with dozens of different types of rounds. They had me send what was left back and said they found nothing wrong with them but I never bought them again.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    I had a few hundred of the Silver State Armory
    Weren't they infamous for hot loaded ammunition?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I believe so.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    IIRC there were earlier and later production runs that differed. The later ones were watered down, so I suspect the issue was with the earlier batches.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    It will be very interesting to see what the AAC /PSA 70gr TSX is loaded at.

Scuttle butt is it is coming soon.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I have a bit of the Silver State Armory 77gr "brown-tip" clone from years ago. IIRC the boxes were marked 5.56mm, not .223. I haven't shot any, so can't vouch for accuracy, velocity, or terminal effects. I also have some of the Hornady 5.56mm 77gr GMX, which *should* be a close second behind the SSA as far as similarity.

As I recall you're a fan of the Fusions. Given your street creds , if you could pick ONE 5.56mm round, be it for GWOT or domestic use, what would it be?
    I apologize for the long delay, but I’d have a hard time not recommending M855a1. It makes really good wounds, and has other redeeming qualities. Second choice would be Fusion MSR, with no concerns at all. 70gr VORTX is good shit, as well.

Always good to hear from a fellow recovering Chuck. Hope you’re doing well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Just grabbed several boxes of Barnes VOR-Tex 70gr TSX 5.56 from Midway.

Superb on hogs and is printing under 1MOA from my Sionics 11.5".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Just grabbed several boxes of Barnes VOR-Tex 70gr TSX 5.56 from Midway.

Superb on hogs and is printing under 1MOA from my Sionics 11.5".

Twice smoked hogs are great. Smoke ‘em with the 5.56 and then again with the Traeger!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    Twice smoked hogs are great. Smoke ‘em with the 5.56 and then again with the Traeger!
    You, sir, have great taste!

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Any opinions on the AAC 70gr TSX 5.56mm ammo? They are supposedly a "newer" ammo producer. Same Barnes bullet, loaded to 2850fps (according to the box pics I've seen).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast