Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Barnes VOR-TX 70 grain TSX

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Any opinions on the AAC 70gr TSX 5.56mm ammo? They are supposedly a "newer" ammo producer. Same Barnes bullet, loaded to 2850fps (according to the box pics I've seen).
    Did you miss this mega-thread or are you asking anyway? https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...mmo-Evaluation
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,921
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Did you miss this mega-thread or are you asking anyway? https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...mmo-Evaluation
    Oh hell, I didn't see it! Thanks for the link.

    Oh, it was under the Reloading and Ammunition forum. I generally don't check there often, but guess I should have.



    EDIT: Okay, I read the last couple pages of that thread; velocity seems right up there but some doubts about rim thickness/et al? Maybe that's why the AAC ammo is essentially a buck a round? I'd LOVE to have a $1/rd ammo of that bullet make and quality.....but it would need to be proven a bit longer I guess.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-11-23 at 20:22.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    236
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    You, sir, have great taste!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

    The wife, who rarely eats wild game, likes the pulled pork from wild piggies even better than domestic. The flavor is more robust without being gamey.

    Damn. I think I need to go shoot another wild porker!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    6,319
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Oh hell, I didn't see it! Thanks for the link.

    Oh, it was under the Reloading and Ammunition forum. I generally don't check there often, but guess I should have.



    EDIT: Okay, I read the last couple pages of that thread; velocity seems right up there but some doubts about rim thickness/et al? Maybe that's why the AAC ammo is essentially a buck a round? I'd LOVE to have a $1/rd ammo of that bullet make and quality.....but it would need to be proven a bit longer I guess.
    $1.37/rnd https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...oat+tail+20+bx

    $1.56/rnd
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016541455

    AAC is the PSA of ammo. I’d buy the Barnes Vortx 5.56 70gr. It is high quality, and a spot-on replica of brown tip.
    RLTW

    “What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,371
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Barnes VOR-TX 70 grain TSX

    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    $1.37/rnd https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...oat+tail+20+bx

    $1.56/rnd
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016541455

    AAC is the PSA of ammo. I’d buy the Barnes Vortx 5.56 70gr. It is high quality, and a spot-on replica of brown tip.
    I just snagged 300 more rds of this from Midway USA for a 30% discount. $24.99/20. And then I stacked another discount code on top of that. I'm barely over a dollar/rd at this point.

    Already verified zero in my SBR with the last batch of 70gr TSX and it's spot on from the last boxes (obv a different Barnes batch).

    Primers are staked/sealed, solid crimp on the mouth (with sealant), OAL is very consistent. I'm inside MOA with it in my SBR. Could not be happier.

    If I were running a better optic (with magnification), I could better understand the precision it's capable of. Using my 4 moa (really, 3.4 moa) T1, I'm stacking rds in the same hole at 50 meters.

    I have no exp with AAC, but Barnes brought the HEAT with the 70gr 5.56 pressure TSX.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

    "The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    11,921
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone know if the Barnes load uses a CFE style of powder to reduce the copper fouling?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •