Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loving the P365

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Loving the P365

I know I'm late to the party on this, but I've owned a P365 for about 3 months, and have been carrying it pretty much every day for the last couple of weeks and I can't get over how much I like it. I had some minor teething issues with mine--I was getting failures to go in to battery regardless of magazine, and regardless of ammo. It took about 300 rounds and 3 range trips to solve that problem...I think a big part of it was just leaving my magazines loaded to break the springs in. The factory mags, and the 2 I ordered when I bought the gun, showed up so stiff I felt like I was busting my thumbs trying to load them. Leaving them fully loaded for about 2 weeks seemed to do the trick, along with giving the gun a detailed cleaning.

The thing I really like about it is it's not pocket gun size, and service gun shootability. I'm a little slower with it than my P320/P228/G19, but accuracy wise it's a toss up with those guns out to about 15 yards for me, and it's capable at 25 yards if I take an extra second. Carry wise I've found it's the most comfortable gun I own in an appendix or IWB rig.

I am generally pretty slow to adopt to trends in shooting, but to me this is one hyped gun that really does offer a generational improvement over what came before it. I've generally just carried a Smith 642 anytime I couldn't carry a mid sized Glock, but about the only thing I see myself using the J-frame for now I've got some practice with the Sig is for deep concealment, which isn't something most of us need. I've worked fairly hard to get decent with my 642, but at anything beyond bad breath distance, I shoot the P365 better, and it's obviously much faster to reload, and with the 12 round mags carries more shots in the gun than I generally have on me with other pocket sized pistols. I got the manual safety version, which I know is not the most popular config but something I prefer, and I find it easy to manipulate if I chose to use it, and out of the way if I don't.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I like mine too; easily carried concealed, A/C zone hits doable at 50 yds (mine have optics), hits at speed are no problem.
    My main carry gun in shorts/T shirt weather.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    It has been on my radar…I’ve held out for three years hoping Walther comes out with a 1.5 stack comparable to the P365. Excellent accuracy in a small package.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very pleased with mine as well. With a red dot, I'm as accurate with them as I am with my full size pistols. Which is to say that I can make solid hits out to 50 yards with no drama. They are slower than the bigger pistols, but I don't think that's avoidable.

I bought a Macro grip module for P365 Xl, and put my P365 slide on the XL grip module. I carry the Macro framed one as my EDC. Not as concealable as the XL, but it does fit my hands better.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I switched to the P365 XL with 507K X2 red dot a while ago for my main EDC, and I love it. I can hit a 10" steel plate consistently at 50 yards with it, it's fairly small, but doesn't feel like a pocket pistol in my hand, and it shoots well. It's become one of my favorite pistols.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have the 365XL and really like it. Holosun and gas pedal and I shot a match one time with it and did OK, I thought good for a mouse gun.

That damn "Macro" has me itching to grab one of those too. I think Sig hit a home run with this line of guns.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was on the fence for a long time about getting a P365. I handled one in a LGS, but was not crazy about the grip. I also handled a P365XL. Much better fit and feel. I knew if I was going to get one, it would be the XL. Well, to make a long story short, I picked up a P365XL a few weeks ago from a private seller in my area. It came with the ROMEOZERO and a TRUE fluted barrel. I have yet to shoot it, but I know that I will not be disappointed when I do.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I was on the fence for a long time about getting a P365. I handled one in a LGS, but was not crazy about the grip. I also handled a P365XL. Much better fit and feel. I knew if I was going to get one, it would be the XL. Well, to make a long story short, I picked up a P365XL a few weeks ago from a private seller in my area. It came with the ROMEOZERO. I have yet to shoot it, but I know that I will not be disappointed when I do.

Congrats Renegade, my Romeozero would not zero so I changed out to a Holosun 407K. I feel like the Sig handgun optics are hot or miss, some will work others will not. I have owned two that did not and two that worked great.

I bought a plastic grip to go over my handle and it improved ergos for me. A Hogue grip I think it was, much better feel to me, you might want to try that.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Put that RomeoZero on a .22LR or in the trash. That's about all they're good for. If you must keep it, make sure you have the membrane sticker installed to prevent oil from seeping into the electronics through the bottom and don't over-torque the mounting screws (8 in-lb?) or you'll crack the housing. Also, try not to touch the plastic lens or it'll scratch.

Btw, I really like my P365XLs and have surrendered to Holosun "K" sights (407k, 507k, EPS Carry) as the current winner for this application.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I bought a Macro grip module for P365 Xl, and put my P365 slide on the XL grip module. I carry the Macro framed one as my EDC. Not as concealable as the XL, but it does fit my hands better.
    I’m still shooting both the Macro and Wilson Combat XL grips, but I’m leaning towards the WC being my pick. The Sig XL is OK, but for me the Macro and WC grips being just a bit wider makes more difference than the length of the Macro does.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast