Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Loving the P365

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am wondering the same thing as Disciple.

Also, I have always been kind of scared that it will be a lot more finicky than my G26. Has anyone had both and have any recollections?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I am wondering the same thing as Disciple.

Also, I have always been kind of scared that it will be a lot more finicky than my G26. Has anyone had both and have any recollections?
    I haven’t owned a G26, but did used to have a G27. After a break in mine has been 100%, but I pretty much exclusively shoot NATO spec ball. I don’t have any background with aluminum case or any of the really cheap 115 grain stuff. Mine has handled the flat nose M1152 or the older 124 grain round nose FMJ. I’ve also put about 50 rounds of HST through it. My G27 had some hiccups with UMC bulk ammo but only a couple times.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    8 365s in my extended family. None of us have had any issues.

I've shot mine extensively with cheap 115 ball, 124 flat nose ball, and 124 grain HST.

The things just work. And that's with both 10 and 12 round magazines.

I shoot some ball in it every range trip.

Some of the ones in my family have SAS sights. Which are very fast, but can be about six or eight" off point of impact. We swapped two of the SAS sights and got windage dialed in.

Next step would have been to ihim but I ended up getting an NRA model with night sights and just use it. My SAS went to a family member who wanted it as a close range backup.

I know all the horror stories of sig, but they seem to have gotten this one right.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone carry the P365 in an ankle holster? I'm perfectly comfortable carrying my issued 19M everyday, but occasionally I'd like to be able to wear a shirt that actually fits and would like something small but still shootable for an ankle holster. Also nice to wear on the ankle if need to wear a suit to an event where taking off the jacket is going to happen.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine is gtg. Has the ambi safety. Only thing I've done is add a CT laser which is great in low-light conditions. Currently my EDC. I carry it in a Don Hume leather slider (J.I.T. Slide). Love that holster. Can no longer remember if I dremeled the inside once upon a time. It carries, the Sig (w/laser), my officer / compact 1911s, Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro, full-size 1911s, 2" .38 special. All fit and carry as if though I had that number of specific holsters.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The other thing about the P365 is that is just seems to defy physics with respect to recoil, and as noted the accuracy is fantastic. They got the engineering right.

Had a guy with a new Hellcat at the range in the lane next to me recently. We swapped guns for mag. My P365XL was noticeably better. Nothing wrong with the Hellcat that I could tell but no thanks compared to my P365XL with Wilson grip module.

Anyhow the P365 recoils less than my old Kahrs, even the metal framed ones. Easier to manage by far than the old 442. And the 507k just works on it.

Feedback Score
    Shot the P365 SAS today at the range. Like the size, what I’ve been hearing, brother likes his, AND it’s partially FDE so I had to purchase it. They were nice enough to let me shoot it a bit before starting the paperwork. Put a mag of my duty rounds, Hornsby Critical Duty, through just to make sure hitting something at 7-10 yards was not an issue. First couple rounds were a bit high but then “lollipopping” the target fixed it to my satisfaction. Now just have to go through the “beg for permission” song and dance with the state of NJ before I can pick it up.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    I love my 365xl with 407k and Wilson grip for shootability and comfort of carry.

However, my last two training sessions I had a problem going between the 365 and a full size gun, needing to adjust my grip.

Specifically, after shooting a full size pistol and then switching to the 365, I have induced several malfunctions with my thumbs pressing on the side of the slide. Obviously, a training issue and not the guns fault. This malfunction is pretty much impossible for me on a Glock 19/17 or p320, because my thumbs press on the frame instead of the slide. I am not getting rid of the 365, but I have stopped carrying it until I feel confident I've trained enough not to induce those malfunctions. Went back to carrying my G19 for now.

Any subcompact grip advice would be appreciated. I'm not a novice shooter, and have taken many classes, but have not had much experience with micro pistols.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    I love my 365xl with 407k and Wilson grip for shootability and comfort of carry.

However, my last two training sessions I had a problem going between the 365 and a full size gun, needing to adjust my grip.

Specifically, after shooting a full size pistol and then switching to the 365, I have induced several malfunctions with my thumbs pressing on the side of the slide. Obviously, a training issue and not the guns fault. This malfunction is pretty much impossible for me on a Glock 19/17 or p320, because my thumbs press on the frame instead of the slide. I am not getting rid of the 365, but I have stopped carrying it until I feel confident I've trained enough not to induce those malfunctions. Went back to carrying my G19 for now.

Any subcompact grip advice would be appreciated. I'm not a novice shooter, and have taken many classes, but have not had much experience with micro pistols.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I have the same set up...I shot mine yesterday for the first time with the dot...no malfunctions...just have to get use to the dot

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I have the same set up...I shot mine yesterday for the first time with the dot...no malfunctions...just have to get use to the dot
    Dry Fire Draws expedites the process.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast