Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training at home-where to start?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself, belay that on the optic.

Don't pile on too much at once.

Transitioning to a pistol optic was easy for me, because I'd been training hard for some years, and was well-grounded in the fundamentals.

Folks who aren't in that place already, report great difficulty transitioning, as it's not quite as simple and intuitive as putting a RDS on a rifle.
    It’s funny you say that-my G48 is the whole reason I want to get better because of the red dot.
    It wears a Holosun EPS carry green dot and it’s amazing. I have a G17 gen3 rtf 2 and a couple of 26s that pull car/truck duty but the 48 with dot makes me want to go shoot it. I had to add a hogue grip to it to fill out the palm swells and now it fits like it’s made for me. Likely going to get an optics cut slide for my 17 soon.
    I’m considering a G19 MOS cut, especially with the blue label discount, it’s almost what a new complete slide for the 17 would be, but I’d rather get gear and ammo and actually shoot what I have.

We’ll just heard back from safariland-they make nothing that is g48+light+optic and pals compatible.
    Off to alien gear…
    Last edited by Grendelshooter; 04-27-23 at 17:09.

Feedback Score

Even if you don't have the need to regularly, good to have the tools in the toolbox. A holster, mag pouch, and belt combo that're trained with, adjusted, and vetted, that you can throw on when needed, that's just part of the whole craft…
    Totally agree, one of the reasons I dislike the 2 belt velcro systems a lot of pistol belts use is just that-you can’t really go “Oh $£!¥” and throw it on. I’d rather have something that can just go on over what I’m wearing when I need it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is one of the main reasons I also do not like 2 piece/velcro setups that're all the rage now. I use a BFG SOCC-C, it's perfect for my needs. Unfortunately discontinued as well!

Feedback Score
    That is one of the main reasons I also do not like 2 piece/velcro setups that're all the rage now. I use a BFG SOCC-C, it's perfect for my needs. Unfortunately discontinued as well!
    That looks a lot like the HSGI Duty Grip padded belt I’m looking at.
    So far alien gear, safari land, and Darra have said sorry, we don’t have anything for that gun.
    Is G-code a reputable brand? I like their RTI drop holster setup, but sadly I can’t find anything with active retention.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No personal experience with G code, but I've read that they're well made.

Yeah, I'd want retention for any holster carried on an outer belt like that.

Not surprised options for this type of holster are limited with the G48, I suppose it's not generally intended for this particular role, more of a concealment piece. And it's pretty new...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12