Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Help with SOT Dispute.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    To the OP

Let’s assume for the moment that you are 100% correct. You performed your part like an angel and the evil sot is conspiring with the atf to keep you from your paid for goods.

What is your end game? A veiled Karen “I’ll have you arrested” threat? Lawsuit? Where will it end and how much time/money will you expend to prove your point? At this time you may say you’ll go to the ends of the earth, but the truth is that by the time you realize the true cost you will be so deep in the whole that looking back you’ll end up realizing it just wasn’t worth it.

Suck up your pride. Beg for your item through the dealer or a form 3 to another one and take this as a life lesson. You don’t tip the waiter before the meal and you don’t leave feedback before you have your item.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    What is your end game? A veiled Karen “I’ll have you arrested” threat? Lawsuit? Where will it end and how much time/money will you expend to prove your point? At this time you may say you’ll go to the ends of the earth, but the truth is that by the time you realize the true cost you will be so deep in the whole that looking back you’ll end up realizing it just wasn’t worth it.

Suck up your pride. Beg for your item through the dealer or a form 3 to another one and take this as a life lesson.
    This attitude is exactly why jerks behave like they do. They're rarely held to account for their actions because it's always easier to let people crap on you and do nothing about it. Most people don't have the courage and fortitude to do what's necessary. Suck up your pride and beg someone who's in the wrong? That's advice? That's more like self-inflicted humiliation.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    This attitude is exactly why jerks behave like they do. They're rarely held to account for their actions because it's always easier to let people crap on you and do nothing about it. Most people don't have the courage and fortitude to do what's necessary. Suck up your pride and beg someone who's in the wrong? That's advice? That's more like self-inflicted humiliation.
    I'm all for sticking it to the dealer, but at this point he holds all the cards. Besides throwing a tantrum, what do you suggest the OP do? Sometimes you need to know when to hold and when to fold.

Also, as far as jerks go remember that it was the OP that left a negative review and if that's the case I'm willing to bet he's not as easy to deal with as he says he is. Who's to say the negative feedback was deserved? We're not seeing both sides of this argument.

This, imo, is a no-win situation.

In any case, good luck OP!

Feedback Score
    The dealer does not hold all the cards. As I pointed out above, he can be arrested for theft by conversion. If someone was paid for a television and then refused to deliver it or refund the money because they were mad about a review, then they could be arrested for theft by conversion. The fact that this is an NFA item makes no difference to such a charge.

My response is based upon the facts as presented by the OP. If the facts are different, then garbage in garbage out. Even if the unrelated review was not warranted, the dealer has no right to withhold property without refunding the money. This leads me to believe that he's taking advantage of the NFA process to stick it to the OP. The only way that people like this learn is for someone to take an action that they don't anticipate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Also, as far as jerks go remember that it was the OP that left a negative review and if that's the case I'm willing to bet he's not as easy to deal with as he says he is. Who's to say the negative feedback was deserved?
    A couple of points.

Selling a firearm or silencer includes an obvious agreement to transfer it if the customer passes the background checks.

If someone fires a customer they need to refund any goods or services not delivered, unless there is some contract involved.

I’m not sure how or if a Form 4 can be cancelled and if it will be refunded. I wouldn’t agree to any cancellation unless I was sure I was getting refunded.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks everyone for the responses.

For some clarification: the dealer is where I purchased the silencer from their stock.

I was unable to reach a resolution via the email I sent.

I have filed a small claim against the store and owner.

The date is set for 6/5.

Thanks again everyone,

CK
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses.

For some clarification: the dealer is where I purchased the silencer from their stock.

I was unable to reach a resolution via the email I sent.

I have filed a small claim against the store and owner.

The date is set for 6/5.

Thanks again everyone,

CK
    Please keep us updated on how things work out. I wish you satisfaction in getting your property. Good luck!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    I purchased a silencer from a dealer who had it on hand and processed the paperwork in August of 2022. In the meantime there was a dispute between the two of us. I wrote a negative yelp review.
    He informed me he would not transfer me the silencer.

He is willing to “withdraw” my now approved form 4 and transfer it to a different dealer at my cost. (And obvious extended wait).

I went to the shop yesterday the owner was not present. The employee told me he contacted the owner and those are his terms.

I’ve tried not to color the background in any way as I want an honest assessment of what I’ve written in response.

https://postimg.cc/N5H8tVZh
    You are overthinning this way too much. Retract the negative review, apologize to the store and grovel if need be. Get your can and then destroy them in every way possible.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    You are overthinning this way too much. Retract the negative review, apologize to the store and grovel if need be. Get your can and then destroy them in every way possible.
    So, your basic strategy to victory is to allow this jerk to win? Just how can the OP "destroy them in every way possible" after that? Another bad review? Big deal. The jerk won't care.

I think taking the guy to small claims court is a good strategy. I've taken people to small claims court four times. Twice they coughed up the money they owed me before the court date, once I won and once I lost (because I couldn't prove that a guy a Jiffy Lube overinflated a tire that blew out on a company vehicle). This case is pretty cut and dry. Jerk doesn't want to do the transfer because he got his feelings hurt over a bad review. The OP passed a background check, so there's no real reason not to complete the purchase. I think the OP will win if he presents a good logical case.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    So, your basic strategy to victory is to allow this jerk to win? Just how can the OP "destroy them in every way possible" after that? Another bad review? Big deal. The jerk won't care.

I think taking the guy to small claims court is a good strategy. I've taken people to small claims court four times. Twice they coughed up the money they owed me before the court date, once I won and once I lost (because I couldn't prove that a guy a Jiffy Lube overinflated a tire that blew out on a company vehicle). This case is pretty cut and dry. Jerk doesn't want to do the transfer because he got his feelings hurt over a bad review. The OP passed a background check, so there's no real reason not to complete the purchase. I think the OP will win if he presents a good logical case.
    No, the strategy is to get the Can as fast possible and spend no more money.

As for after, I do not put stuff like that on the internet.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast