Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plate carrier

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Plates don't cover shit
    Except for the most critical parts of your body minus the head…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Except for the most critical parts of your body minus the head…
    When you're standing squarely against or away from incoming fire. Turn sideways, and they're worthless. Wearing plates only, I feel naked.

To add on to the original idea... yeah tossing them over your duty armor for active shooter is a good idea. But plate only isn't covering much anatomical real estate. Shit, even soft panels are far from perfect. I remember a cop leaned away from a shooter and the pistol bullet hit behind his shoulder just in front of the rear panel and was a fatal shot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    If looking for plates watch Buffman R.A.N.G.E on youtube. That will be the only place you find the truth about plates, don't believe the BS from influencers paid to sell someones product.

Watch Buffman (Matt's) videos comparing all of the plates, best plate reviews with no BS, he tears the plates apart and shows you what the manufacturers wont.
    BTW everything Buffman shoots is above/faster than what the NIJ uses to test/rate armor, the barrels are all longer than common.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raKWC79KDfQ&t=414s
    Last edited by constructor; 08-01-23 at 20:00.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123