Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Palmetto Chinese AK Clone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I wonder about the barrel dimensions, gas block, and FSB.
    Anything specific? I can try to get some measurements.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I like the blonde furniture myself, but obviously that is a matter of choice.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I like the blonde furniture myself, but obviously that is a matter of choice.
    I kind of do too. But the texture is wrong. The PSA wood is very smooth. The varnish or whatever coating they are using makes the furniture look like it is made out of smooth shiny plastic.

Chinese wood is roughly finished. The varnish appears brushed on. This gives the Chinese wood a unique look and feel the PSA doesn't have.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anything specific? I can try to get some measurements.

Just wonder the difference from the Norinco. The barrel is thicker than a std AKM…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just wonder the difference from the Norinco. The barrel is thicker than a std AKM…
    It is a heavier profile.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It is a heavier profile.

IF it has the heavier profile barrel, I wonder if it is the SAME dimensionally as the MAK90, etc. It might be nice for those who have never converted (FSB and GB) to take the cleaning rod and bayonet.

But... I doubt it and as has been recorded on AK specific sites, the Chinese AKs are notorious for not being very 'standard' in dimensions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ...for those who have never converted (FSB and GB) to take the cleaning rod and bayonet.
    PSA has said there are plans to sell barrel parts at some point. Chinese style furniture is listed on the PSA website but is out of stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here are a couple general photos of the rifle. One with a surplus (Romanian?) mag inserted and another with a U.S. Palm mag inserted.

Note that I replaced the PSA muzzle nut with a PSA slant brake. Finish isn't an exact match but is pretty close.

Feedback Score
    Here are a couple general photos of the rifle. One with a surplus (Romanian?) mag inserted and another with a U.S. Palm mag inserted.

Note that I replaced the PSA muzzle nut with a PSA slant brake. Finish isn't an exact match but is pretty close.

That looks like the Norinco non-spiker I bought back in 1987, except IIRC the grip had checkering on it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234