Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto Chinese AK Clone

Feedback Score
    Definitely go with the ZPAP M70.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Comparison photos of a Chinese BCG and the PSA.

Just taking measurements here and there, the two assemblies are quite close to each other. The biggest difference would seem to be the depth of the bolt face. The Chinese measures .113" and the PSA is .110" in this regard.

The Chinese assembly fits and hand cycles smoothly in the PSA. I didn't both checking head space with my 7.62x39 field gauge.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 05-07-23 at 10:07.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the PSA bolt carrier was cast and then chrome plated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the PSA bolt carrier was cast and then chrome plated.
    I don't believe it is cast. There is no "orange peel" grain anywhere that I can see. There are some machine marks are some polishing marks so possibly it was cast and then thoroughly machined afterwards.

I am not sure of the finish and material. Is it brushed stainless steel? Chromed? Or highly polished and left in the white?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My 1st shooting session. 120 rounds fired using a Tapco, KCI, PSA and Bulgarian magazine. Ammo was S&B and a few homemade frang using a Sinterfire bullet and 4198.

I did have a stove pipe on the 6th or 7th round through the gun. After that I had no issues.

I had to push the front sight to the left a bit to correct windage. Elevation seemed correct.

I see a slight rolling on the right side of the trunnion. The tail on the bolt carrier looks fine as does the bolt and carrier.

I'd say we're off to a good start.

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-07-23 at 16:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't believe it is cast. There is no "orange peel" grain anywhere that I can see. There are some machine marks are some polishing marks so possibly it was cast and then thoroughly machined afterwards.

I am not sure of the finish and material. Is it brushed stainless steel? Chromed? Or highly polished and left in the white?
    The (I assume) PSA carrier had a porous, styrofoam look to it's composition about it at the edge.....see pic #3 on this page, top carrier. As much as I despise the ChiComs, back in the day they made decent "caveman" weapons like the SKS, AK, and 1911. M-14's weren't all that bad either, just swap and headspace the soft bolt with a USGI one . The ChiComs can chrome-line or plate weapons like a mo-fo!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-07-23 at 18:01.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The top carrier in Pic # 3 is a Chinese. I assumed--incorrectly--that viewers would be familiar with the look and shape of the Chinese parts.

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-07-23 at 18:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With Chinese sling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And now with Chinese wood.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder about the barrel dimensions, gas block, and FSB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast