Thread: Trijicon TA31 RCO

Feedback Score

Trijicon TA31 RCO

If I were to live long enough to lose the Tritium, would I still have a black chevron? Im going for it anyway, just curious. I already found a GDI mount to set it back a bit. I've wanted one for a long time so can't wait now, maybe even put the SSA back in the gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    If I were to live long enough to lose the Tritium, would I still have a black chevron? Im going for it anyway, just curious. I already found a GDI mount to set it back a bit. I've wanted one for a long time so can't wait now, maybe even put the SSA back in the gun.
    Yes..

Feedback Score
    The RCO ACOGs feature both tritium…and a fiber optic rod (positioned on top of the optic tube…which gathers natural/ambient light)… the reticle is impregnated/etched into the “glass” … no matter the lighting condition or abundance or lack of tritium (in low/no light) there will always be a reticle present.

Here’s a fun fact about the RCO ACOG and it’s ability to use ambient lighting conditions based of a nearby star

Stars like our Sun burn for about nine or 10 billion years. So our Sun is about halfway through its life. But don't worry. It still has about 5,000,000,000—five billion—years to go…
    EATADIK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep, you will still have a black etched reticle. Like Eric mentioned, if you have a fiber optic version, natural light will still illuminate the reticle.