Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: FrogLube Issue with long term stored weapons.

Feedback Score
    If FL didn't work for Mark, he would shit can it in a new york minute. THAT was my original post. I love him anyway (no homo)!

That goes for PB too!
    Last edited by Uncas47; 05-12-23 at 16:23.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah... Those LMT MWS 308 BCGs would stick shut, and there was usually a toxic medley of 12 types of powder fired suppressed in them. Not sure if that was an FL issue or just complete filth.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I would use motor oil on my guns before I used something called "Frog Lube"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The testing I read some years ago showed that FL was very slippery and very good at corrosion resistance. As such I use what I have left as an anti-rust coat here in tropical FL. Seems to work well and it does soak into phosphated finishes.
    As a lube it gummed up my well broken in Colt .38 super, super pasty when mixed with the usual soot from shooting. I do stay with non-toxic lubes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The testing I read some years ago showed that FL was very slippery and very good at corrosion resistance. As such I use what I have left as an anti-rust coat here in tropical FL. Seems to work well and it does soak into phosphated finishes.
    As a lube it gummed up my well broken in Colt .38 super, super pasty when mixed with the usual soot from shooting. I do stay with non-toxic lubes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've had firearms seize up tight when Froglube mixed with residue from .22 LR ammo and the preservative Colt uses when shipping new firearms. In fact, the wife's P22 locked up so hard I thought something broke. It locked up a 1911 I'd had for decades and thought I had cleaned it of all Colt preservative.

I don't use Froglube on my firearms anymore, but it does make a good lube when drilling metal.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I've had firearms seize up tight when Froglube mixed with residue from .22 LR ammo and the preservative Colt uses when shipping new firearms. In fact, the wife's P22 locked up so hard I thought something broke. It locked up a 1911 I'd had for decades and thought I had cleaned it of all Colt preservative.

I don't use Froglube on my firearms anymore, but it does make a good lube when drilling metal.
    OK, something to remember. I've used it for sharpening knives and preservation. Any outdoor knife that maybe used for cutting food gets sharpened with a non-toxic lube.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    God damn it you literally stole every word out of my head better than I ever could have said it. Hell I like you, you can come to my house and **** my sister. And Kyle Lamb personally handed me a sample size bottle of rand clp once, it's still sitting on my bench untouched but I fondled it the other day and thought about his beard.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    As long as your sister has the same potty mouth as you, I think we’ll hit it off jus’ fine. I got a few of Kyle’s beard hairs that got caught in a in Magpul stock I got for free and I’ll bring those as payment. And maybe even a few goats.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314