Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Colt European CR6920-EC AR15

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm curious... is the 14.5 pin a Euro requirement? I thought that retarded shit was to accomodate US NFA stupidity.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm curious... is the 14.5 pin a Euro requirement? I thought that retarded shit was to accomodate US NFA stupidity.
    I will proffer a guess as I have NO insider information. My guess is based on a lot of these Colt Contract over runs they have been selling.

As bad as Colt lately seems to like to proof mark parts, the fact that every part is proof marked Colt with the serial # and with Spanish language manuals tells me these were indeed made for the European market.

Here is my guess, say the contract called for 4000 rifles, Colt made a few extra like always. The 4000 14.5s sent to Europe had no pin and welds as not required there. The remaining extra 100 or so left over with 14.5 barrels were then P/W to meet NFA and sent off to Arms Unlimited to sell to us.

Thats just a guess, but one of my inside sources told me back in January to start saving my pennies as these Euro 14.5 P/Ws were coming.

So who knows.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Thats just a guess
    Totally makes sense. I'm sure the end users on the export guns wouldn't be pin/weld required, so an overun modification for domestic sale makes sense.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Totally makes sense. I'm sure the end users on the export guns wouldn't be pin/weld required, so an overun modification for domestic sale makes sense.
    Here is a video of mine. Front Sight is slightly canted but everything gauges out perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKYJ5yAtbWs

Feedback Score
    Arms Unlimited has sold out of the version with the 14.5" pinned & welded flash hider with quad rail. That didn't take long.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345