Thread: S&W M&P 2.0 Compact Holster

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

S&W M&P 2.0 Compact Holster

Can someone recommend an OWB Kydex holster made specifically for the 4.0 inch compact and not the 4.25 Full size? Im looking for something along the lines of JM Custom or the old Raven concealment type of set up and quality. It seems most shops push the 4.25 size. Actually waited 5 weeks for a custom made product that was apparently custom made for the larger size despite being very clear about what I wanted.
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I had a 2.0 compact that I used in a JM Custom kydex IWB made for the full size. There isn't much of space left at the end of the barrel/muzzle area to notice. Those two guns are closer in length than one thinks. Unfortunately I do not have the 2.0 compact anymore to prove my point and ease your worried mind.

Smith & Wesson website showed the full size as 7.4" OAL and the compact as 7.25", that's 0.15" or a hair more than 1/8" (0.125). It is that close. Again, I no longer have the gun and holster so I can't show the actual picture.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I had a 2.0 compact that I used in a JM Custom kydex IWB made for the full size. There isn't much of space left at the end of the barrel/muzzle area to notice. Those two guns are closer in length than one thinks. Unfortunately I do not have the 2.0 compact anymore to prove my point and ease your worried mind.

Smith & Wesson website showed the full size as 7.4" OAL and the compact as 7.25", that's 0.15" or a hair more than 1/8" (0.125). It is that close. Again, I no longer have the gun and holster so I can't show the actual picture.
    Im aware of the slight differences in length. That being said, I would like the holster to match the gun exactly, particularly if im waiting 5-6 weeks for it.

I also noticed many manufacturers adding extra length to make way for threaded barrels. I don't want that either.

Keep in mind that I live in a state (New Jersey) neighbored by a state where I work (New York) where carrying concealed just became a thing. I don't want any issues with exposure being that neither the populace or law enforcement are used to the new reality.
    Last edited by PLCedeno; 05-07-23 at 10:25.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you want something fast and exact length, get a used holster in kydex(not Safarilaminate, injection molded polymer, or similar). Dunk just the lower end in a pan of boiling water until you see it soften, pull it out, stick the pistol in, and squeeze the excess around the end of the slide with gloves on.

If you are looking for best concealment IWB is probably/just about always going to do that better.

Bravo differentiates in their pull down list, not sure if that carries over to what they produce since I have seen other companies go the other way and sell Glock 26 length holsters for G19 & 17.

https://www.bravoconcealment.com/pro...wb-gun-holster
    Last edited by jsbhike; 05-09-23 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Im aware of the slight differences in length. That being said, I would like the holster to match the gun exactly, particularly if im waiting 5-6 weeks for it.

I also noticed many manufacturers adding extra length to make way for threaded barrels. I don't want that either.

Keep in mind that I live in a state (New Jersey) neighbored by a state where I work (New York) where carrying concealed just became a thing. I don't want any issues with exposure being that neither the populace or law enforcement are used to the new reality.
    Thank you though the fine print at Bravo says the same holster is made for the 4.25 & 4.0. I spoke with JM Custom and they are doing what I need this week.
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    DSG.COM
    Alpha Holster OWB, with or without WML. Sturdy Kydex for my M&P 2.0 Compact with or without an RMR RDS.
    I have the same model holster for a M&P 1.0 FS and TLR-1s WML, NOT the TLR-1HL. Won't FIT.
    Last edited by RWH24; 05-25-23 at 03:46.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.