Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Facing the Aero Upper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    The Enhanced accepts std AR barrel extensions.

Like always, Pros & Cons. It takes the std hanguard mounting stress off of the barrel nut interface, and nut no longer needs to be timed for gas tube. However, Enhanced only accepts limited bigger/heavier handguards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo-1qY-W_qA
    They are great from my sample of 1. My friend built a precision rig that performs great. This upper with their handguard and a rainier arms ultramatch barrel.

Its at least as good as my larue barrel in std reciever with giessle HG.

Any or the "bar" footprint handguards fit

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Aero’s Enhanced uppers remind of me the old Mega MML uppers. Very solid platform, I expect the Aero stuff to perform similarly.

https://www.zevtechnologies.com/mega...-lok-handguard

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Aero’s Enhanced uppers remind of me the old Mega MML uppers. Very solid platform, I expect the Aero stuff to perform similarly.

https://www.zevtechnologies.com/mega...-lok-handguard
    Thanks for link, good info.

I wonder if it's possible to machine the whole upper (receiver and handguard) as monolithic, but still allow a way to install barrel nut. M4E1 Enhanced has no interference with gas tube. Surely a monolithic takes away from the "modular" aspect, but perhaps it would just be for a small group of "pricision/accurate" shooters?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just finished a build using an Aero lower and the Aero Enhanced M4E1 upper with a Compass Lake Douglas tactical contour barrel. This upper, as others have noted, has the extra mass of the independent handguard interface. The barrel took 12 weeks to arrive. I've got a Magpul UBR stock and Vltor buffer on it. I used a BCM parts kit for the lower, a Colt bolt and a Smith Enterprises Vortex flash suppressor. Barrel is bead blasted stainless at 20 inches in length, 1/7 twist and of course, rifle gas. The Aero Enhanced handguard fit and blended perfectly as did all the parts. The barrel fit tight and perfect and headspaced correctly. I had Compass Lake send a headspaced bolt also, and applaud their attention to detail. Aero Precision is a great choice based on my sample of one.

I installed an old Leupold 3.5-10x40, M3 from another AR15 with a Badger Comm 1 mount and total weight with a twenty round loaded mag is about 10.5 pounds. With the UBR collapsed overall length is 38 inches.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So how does it shoot?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I haven't had a chance to take it out. Busy days and poor weather, but I'll report back later when I get some ammo through it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Roger.

We do ALOT of shooting in poor weather up here.

Feedback Score
    So, are you folks facing (truing) it, or not?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    So, are you folks facing (truing) it, or not?
    My friend used his as-produced, and its performing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Reporting back. Function has been perfect with the Aero Precision rifle build. I've not chronographed any loads, but my old standard 55 gr. Sierra with 26.5 grs. of Winchester 748 produced .650 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards. The 65 gr. Sierra and Speer 62 gr. both show good promise. Varget and 748 have produced the best groups. I wanted Tac to work, but so far no glory. The Hornady 75s are not working for this rifle. Next will be some 77 gr. class bullets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast