Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA Hanson gas block pinning

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

BA Hanson gas block pinning

In this video it is stated that with the coil pin that they use there is play in the gas block even after the pin is installed. Is it just me or does that sound like shitty useless pinning for a gas block, and all that actually holds it in alignment are the un-dimpled set screws? This is an older video so maybe things have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdqIVX-FGDk&t=202s
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    I have a couple, never used the screws, and the pin was more than enough .

No slop.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    I have a couple, never used the screws, and the pin was more than enough.
    No play after pinning? How old are your barrels?

Feedback Score
    I am not sure. But I would probably say a couple of years.

Maybe something changed??

The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    And no, no slop.

--- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve had two of their pinned/set screw gas block barrels. A 300blk and now recently one for my Mk12-ish build with the gas block exposed. Both have been solid with no movement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think he got tongue tied between set screws and the pin.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have seen play between a coil pinned gas block, yes. It was not BA but Faxon (their special run "drilled for cross pin" barrels).

Said barrels are also undimpled too so I was able to used a plastic mallet and whack the gas block and have it rotate slightly, this was fixed by replacing the short little coil pin with a longer dowel pin of the same diameter.

I haven't seen a BA barrel that wasn't dimpled for the set screws (though I know they exist or did at one time) but the few dimpled only BA barrels I've used have been rock solid, I could imagine that with the cross pin there would be virtually no way for the gas block to move.

Feedback Score

BA Hanson gas block pinning

I have a 14.5" Hanson, very recent purchase. No play at all in factory pinned GB.
    Last edited by Send it...; 05-29-23 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    No play after pinning? How old are your barrels?
    I have no slop at all with my 8 year old 5.56 and none with my 6 year old 6.5 Creed (not Hanson but they pinned the Gas Block for me)
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast