Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BA Hanson gas block pinning

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have no slop at all with my 8 year old 5.56 and none with my 6 year old 6.5 Creed (not Hanson but they pinned the Gas Block for me)
    Did Hanson pay you to say that? How much money do you receive from the firearms industry?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Did Hanson pay you to say that? How much money do you receive from the firearms industry?
    Aren't you supposed to be banned?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Aren't you supposed to be banned?
    Knock it off!!! Voodoochild
    Last edited by Voodoochild; 05-30-23 at 10:00. Reason: Disrespectful comment

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    No need to quote it
    Voodoochild

Like I said......
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Like I said......
    lol I'm only banned from the fun part of M4C. General, the EE, and for some reason leaving feedback.

Feedback Score
    Just a note.

The M14 used just a spiral coiled spring pin to mount the operating rod guide on the barrel.

The M14 operating rod guide is notorious for working loose on the M14, if the op-rod guide is not a interference fit on the barrel.

How well a spring pin, either spiral or tubular slotted, holds as a cross pin depends on how deep the pin is seated in the barrel. If the spring pin is seated less than half the spring pin diameter into the barrel the durability of the joint is marginal. Ideally, you need 75% to 100% engagement.

If you use a 1/8 inch spring pin, you can easily get near 100% pin engagement with a .750" journal.

Solid pins are much better in this application. I would not recommend any form of spring pin to secure a gas block. Over-sized dowel pins are available if you don't have a tapered reamer.
    Last edited by lysander; 06-02-23 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    With a properly dimpled barrel, set screws torqued to 15 inch lbs with Loctite 271 or 272 a low profile gas block will not move.

A FSB is an exposed lever so taper pins are a requirement. A low profile gas block is not exposed and the requirements for securing it are completely different.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12