Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BKF M4 MOD-0 Upper Receiver

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

BKF M4 MOD-0 Upper Receiver

I came across this upper receiver they claim to have a thermal fit barrel flange and good tolerances. Anybody tried one?
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’ve bought other things from them. Let us know your experience if you buy the upper.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Me thinks the "Thermal Fit" claim is nothing more than a marketing ploy. Ask them what barrel diameter it thermal fits to?? One size doesn't fit all.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Me thinks the "Thermal Fit" claim is nothing more than a marketing ploy. Ask them what barrel diameter it thermal fits to?? One size doesn't fit all.
    They say exactly what they do. Undersize the hole.

There are published numbers for a size range for a barrel and a receiver. They make the recover smaller.

It’s likely to be a press fit for most barrels, maybe not the ones on the smallest side of the tolerance range range.

Honestly the answer here is for recover and battle makers to simply produce these two areas to a tighter tolerance. Like .002 instead of .005.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of that tight Upper/Barrel extension fit crap. I don't want to have to use a heat gun to take apart a weapon if needed. Just build the shit to the correct spec in the first place. #americanmediocrity
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The one I got last year was nice enough, but certainly didn’t need “thermal fitting”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not a fan of that tight Upper/Barrel extension fit crap. I don't want to have to use a heat gun to take apart a weapon if needed. Just build the shit to the correct spec in the first place. #americanmediocrity
    I might shed a tear over our disagreement, but I would rather have a receiver with a press fit, than one where the barrel extension fits in like a Kardashian.

I do understand your spec comment, but one that takes a little effort is easy enough to take apart. If you have to, and for some reason you can't hit it with heat, you can always tap the gas block forward with something and loosen it that way.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    BCM and SOLGW uppers are thermal fit as well. It takes very little heat to mate them together.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    BCM and SOLGW uppers are thermal fit as well. It takes very little heat to mate them together.
    Found those. Still curious about this cheaper option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Been very happy with all parts from BKings, seriously considered one of these for last build. Would definitely buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast