Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BKF M4 MOD-0 Upper Receiver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I might shed a tear over our disagreement, but I would rather have a receiver with a press fit, than one where the barrel extension fits in like a Kardashian.

I do understand your spec comment, but one that takes a little effort is easy enough to take apart. If you have to, and for some reason you can't hit it with heat, you can always tap the gas block forward with something and loosen it that way.
    FWIW, I've been able to remove press/thermal fit barrels from a receiver by using a piece of a wooden broom handle. Lock the upper receiver in the vise, insert the wooden dowel through the back of the receiver and rest it on the barrel extension, then hammer it forward. No damage except to the dowel.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got the upper. It is not cosmetically perfect but I didn't buy it for that. Lugs are friction fit with a MEGA Machine lower, and a barrel does not just slip right in, so those seem to be on point.

Feedback Score
    A young friend of mine recently bought a complete rifle as a second gun. I haven't seen it yet but he's pleased with his purchase. I'm curious to look it over when we get together. He's away a lot on a drilling rig replacing casing in older gas wells, so it's sometimes hard to hook up.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    FWIW, I've been able to remove press/thermal fit barrels from a receiver by using a piece of a wooden broom handle. Lock the upper receiver in the vise, insert the wooden dowel through the back of the receiver and rest it on the barrel extension, then hammer it forward. No damage except to the dowel.
    This is pretttttyyyy smart. I hate being unimaginative at times.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Just make sure you angle the vice so it points over the work bench so when your barrel pops out it doesn't go crown first into the shop floor. I mean, so I've heard. I would never do something so stupid. Allegedly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Just make sure you angle the vice so it points over the work bench so when your barrel pops out it doesn't go crown first into the shop floor. I mean, so I've heard. I would never do something so stupid. Allegedly.
    Oh, me neither... Not ever.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12