Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Project Build

Feedback Score

New Project Build

I want to build this rifle kit I got for 400$, customize it, and sell it on consignment at a gun shop in Dallas as a [ready for battle, right off the shelf AR-15] for around $1000 - $1200.

What I'll do is build it with an Anderson receiver for around 50$, camo it, battle sight it in, and add a sling. I feel like most gun owners are safe queens, and some might jump on the opportunity to purchased a build like this out of piece of mind to know they have an AR that is ready to go.

https://pasteboard.co/3JI5e7BwjxKg.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How much are you expecting to be able to sell it for? A $400 rifle is a $400 rifle in my experience. You won't find many, if any, people outside of a full blown panic willing to pay $1000 for a rifle built on an Anderson receiver.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A $400 camo'd, "battle-ready" Anderson home build? Better hope some real suckers shop there to pay $1200 for a POS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    A $400 camo'd, "battle-ready" Anderson home build? Better hope some real suckers shop there to pay $1200 for a POS.
    I've have a good number of fraternity brothers with military expirence who explained that anderson receivers work pretty good. They're just not top notch big $$$.

dmd08 if you think you need to always spend a lot of money to have acceptable gear you're the real sucker. That's not always the case, I'm sure you know that.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 33XRAY View Post
    I've have a good number of fraternity brothers with military expirence who explained that anderson receivers work pretty good. They're just not top notch big $$$.

dmd08 if you think you need to always spend a lot of money to have acceptable gear you're the real sucker. That's not always the case, I'm sure you know that.
    I think the point of contention is building a gun with budget parts and hoping to sell it for a 100% markup. I could not even sell my $500 PSA kit built AR for $500

Also, this thread does not meet the intent of the Custom Build Forum by any stretch of the imagination.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 05-27-23 at 09:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My thoughts exactly, this absolutely does not belong in the Custom Build section.

Not a very well thought out idea either, truth be told.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want to build this rifle kit I got for 400$, customize it, and sell it on consignment at a gun shop in Dallas as a [ready for battle, right off the shelf AR-15] for around $1000 - $1200.

What I'll do is build it with an Anderson receiver for around 50$, camo it, battle sight it in, and add a sling. I feel like most gun owners are safe queens, and some might jump on the opportunity to purchased a build like this out of piece of mind to know they have an AR that is ready to go.

https://pasteboard.co/3JI5e7BwjxKg.jpg
    Building weapons with the intent of selling them requires licensing. I'm sure you have all the BATF paperwork in order, but the idea of buying the lowest quality level available, and building it up to sell for Colt or BCM pricing isn't going to work out the way you think it is.

Good luck with the new business you have going, you just might want to reconsider your pricing if this is a serious consideration.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    This doesn’t belong in the custom build section. Read the sticky at the top before posting. This section is for forum members to show off their completed custom builds. Also, selling junk parts at a premium price only means you’re a douche bag, who has nothing to contribute to the 2A community as a whole.

Feedback Score

Just like Stick said, you have to have a FFL if you are going to what you are planning. Here is an interesting video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mGsDv...NlIFBUMg%3D%3D
    Last edited by e z money; 06-22-23 at 14:25.

Feedback Score
    Update:

I’ve been busy, and I finally got some time off. I also finally found a gun store that’s not charging double the price for stripped AR receivers. I bought a lower receiver. Plus I got an extra mag for my pistol, and a bad ass hat all for still less than what other stores are charging for the same exact receiver.

The totally [custom-build] I’m doing came out looking really nice. I just need to get it to a gunsmith to make sure the castle nut is properly seated.

The next phase in my [custom-build] AR project is: Painting.

As for the theoretical legality concern, I will discuss it with one of my buddies who refers to himself as a 2nd amendment attorney. Under consignment, by definition, a FFL, in this case actually is the seller, but I digress. I will report back with the answer to this before proceeding to the final phase. Well fellas I have to shower, and then disappear for a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast