Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol brace

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)

Pistol brace

So what’s the consensus… did most people comply or not now that it’s almost over

Feedback Score
    Why don't you write a letter to the ATF and inquire?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Why don't you write a letter to the ATF and inquire?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Was going to but I was busy writing a letter to your mom …. Not that serious there brosive just curious if people got approved or not or if they didn’t do it , a lot of people talked like they were never gona do it but I bet most did . I myself don’t own any so

Feedback Score
    Recent published numbers are something like 150k to 200k applications were submitted. Out of the millions of braces out in the public sounds like the compliance percentage was low. And that doesn't account for folks who were building SBRs they were going to Form 1 anyway and took advantage of a "free" stamp. I know of more than a few folks who did that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    And that doesn't account for folks who were building SBRs they were going to Form 1 anyway and took advantage of a "free" stamp. I know of more than a few folks who did that.
    Six of those, here. Kept a brace or two, so if it gets overturned… build a lower and put the brace on for an alternative if I don’t want to cross state lines with a SBR. I’m doing similar with the TAC-14 I’m SBSing… having an 18.5” barrel and +2 extension refinished with the gun to match.

But I know a few at work doing it now. I’m sure many held out until the end to see if the EPA ruling would be used.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not doing anything

Feedback Score
    There are a lot of strong feelings about this issue. Here is my thought. IF you were intending to SBR a pistol and were keeping a brace on it until that process was complete, why not take advantage? If that was your intent all along I don't see it as compliance. I see it as NOT giving the AFT the $200 you were planning on giving them anyway and therefor not contributing to bankrolling an agency we all think needs to go away. But if you had a pistol that was always intended to be a pistol and you register it? Not a huge fan of that. We shall see how this all plays out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Out of the millions of braces out in the public sounds like the compliance percentage was low.
    Maybe not every single brace owner pays attention to what's happening. If the ATF doesn't send out a letter of notification to every brace owner, how do they expect people to be informed when they change their rules?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Maybe not every single brace owner pays attention to what's happening. If the ATF doesn't send out a letter of notification to every brace owner, how do they expect people to be informed when they change their rules?
    Yeah, 100% this...

Joe Average Gunowner is not "not complying", they just have no idea anything changed.

They didn't file any forms because they didn't know there were forms to file or that there was an amnesty happening.

Unfortunately, these are the guys that are gonna get hemmed up over this...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    A 5.56 AR pistol was legal to transport loaded in a vehicle and a short(ish) barrel on a 9mm AR produced as much velocity as a longer barrel and was easier to store. Neither is reason enough to bother with paperwork. My 9mm will be receiver extension only or I will swap a 16" barrel onto it and make a slightly quieter plinker. The short 5.56 barrel and receivers may be repurposed in a "true" pistol 22 lr with a plug in place of the RE.

Or maybe I will ignore the rule and play a clip of ATF telling congress that the rule only affects someone committing a crime while carrying a pistol at my trial.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast