Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol brace

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I went back and forth over the issue, decided on keeping the braces. I'll echo what others have said and just say that most Americans probably haven't a clue about what's going on. I had a guy come into the store a couple of weeks back looking at stocks for an AR. When I asked him what the intended role was, he said he had just bought an AR pistol, but the store he got it from said the brace was about to be illegal, and he'd need to replace it. Naturally, he was looking for stock to replace it with. I tried explaining the NFA/SBR/brace ban to him, but I very much doubt I got through. Makes you wonder how many people have accidentally SBR'ed their pistols over the years by sheer ignorance.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Not complying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    I went back and forth over the issue, decided on keeping the braces. I'll echo what others have said and just say that most Americans probably haven't a clue about what's going on. I had a guy come into the store a couple of weeks back looking at stocks for an AR. When I asked him what the intended role was, he said he had just bought an AR pistol, but the store he got it from said the brace was about to be illegal, and he'd need to replace it. Naturally, he was looking for stock to replace it with. I tried explaining the NFA/SBR/brace ban to him, but I very much doubt I got through. Makes you wonder how many people have accidentally SBR'ed their pistols over the years by sheer ignorance.
    Lots is my guess.

My LGS stopped taking them in on trade until direction is clear. They can't resell them right now. Now these guys are pretty well stocked on ARs and have one of two indoor ranges in the county so you tend to see a lot more traffic through there. But in my small slice of the world people are very aware of the rule. BUT I also have a buddy who bought a Sig Rattler at a benefit auction a few years ago that is equipped with a brace. I texted him the rule a few weeks ago and he had no idea it was going on. But he is definitely not as big a gun guy as my other friends. So there is some of that happening too.

Feedback Score
    They said it was okay, and years later they changed their minds. Sounds null and void, and way to ****ing late. I'm pissed, and I'm hoping all gun owners are together on this one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Maybe not every single brace owner pays attention to what's happening. If the ATF doesn't send out a letter of notification to every brace owner, how do they expect people to be informed when they change their rules?
    Was at the outdoor range shooting my suppressed SBR's early in the past few weekends and was approached by some younger folks. "Is that a brace? I thought you couldn't shoulder it? Is that a silencer? I didn't think those were legal?" I just thought to myself ugh.

I told them it was an SBR which they had no knowledge of and they were all shooting braced pistols. They had not a clue and were just out at the range shooting without a care in the world and probably were not members here. Couldn't have educated them if I wanted to as I don't own braces and am not even close to buttoned up on the past/present of braces and the ATF. Seems a bit bizarre and anti American to me that half dozen 20 year olds could potentially be on the hook legally for just having some fun at the range.

On the good side, it had been a while since I had gotten out to the 100-300 range and felt great since I had some ammo to actually shoot. Mostly shooting .22 with my high schooler to practice her for her last season of competitive air rifle

Feedback Score
    Fifth Circuit just ordered an injunction delaying the ATF brace rule change.

https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status...ce-rule-n70770
    Last edited by Armybrat; 05-25-23 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Fifth Circuit just ordered an injunction delaying the ATF brace rule change.

https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status...ce-rule-n70770
    Only for the plaintiffs on the case, it doesn't affect the rest of us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Only for the plaintiffs on the case, it doesn't affect the rest of us.
    That is still in question. FPC filed a motion to get clarity on that topic. Either way makes me happy I am an FPC and GOA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12