Thread: p/w cans, should I get an adjustable gas block?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

p/w cans, should I get an adjustable gas block?

Looking at a couple uppers I have and im debating on p/w a can to them for 16", a 10.5 and a 12.5.

Or should I just go out back and dig a hole because I aint going to form a lower.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Since that would obviously create a dedicated suppressed upper I would forego the adjustable gas block and run one of the BRT EZ Tune gas tubes instead. Here's a long-running thread about them in the technical forum. The tubes themselves can be found here.
    Last edited by SteveL; 05-18-23 at 14:10.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Since that would obviously create a dedicated suppressed upper I would forego the adjustable gas block and run one of the BRT EZ Tune gas tubes instead. Here's a long-running thread about them in the technical forum. The tubes themselves can be found here.
    This. Go with the EZ tune for dedicated supressor use

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another vote for the BRT gas tube. No moving parts, nothing to get carboned up, lower price.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    This is what I did. I let BRT pick the size port, shoots nice and soft. I still want to test it out dirty on a cold winter day just to be sure, but I'm not worried.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds good, now to decide if I should swap out the ballistic advantage barrels

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because adjustable gas blocks fail. Whereas a gas tube that allows the perfect amount of gas can easily be replaced without having to unpin the suppressor from the muzzle.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine