Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 - so far

Feedback Score

Glock 47 - so far

The G47 has been on the market for a little while now. Anyone with any experience? Does it have anything that would recommend it over a standard G17 Gen 5?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why the hell won't Glock just come out with what everybody wants, a Glock 19 frame with 17 slide, all these games get old.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Why the hell won't Glock just come out with what everybody wants, a Glock 19 frame with 17 slide, all these games get old.
    Like this? I haven't had a chance to shoot the 47 slide on my G19.5 frame yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I owned one for a while (a 17 chopped down to a 19) it really wasn't anything special. I am fine with a 19

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    I've no photos of it, but I temporarily put my G17gen5 slide assembly onto my G19gen5 frame.
    I also temporarily put a G19 slide assembly onto a G26.

They were both ok, but not something I'd buy that way.
    Kind of like mini-G34 guns of sorts.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you already have a G17.5 set up the way you prefer it, the G47 doesn't really offer much over the G17.5.

Going forward, if you want a factory MOS cut on a 17 length slide, you'll have to buy a G47 as Glock will no longer offer the G17.5 with the MOS cut (unless it's large contract).

The G47 slide is heavier, almost identical in weight to the G34.5 slide, so some shooters feel that the G47 is softer shooting. Also, if you already have a G19.5, with a G47 you can swap the slides back and forth as you prefer (see my picture above) as you'll have the same locking block and recoil spring assembly. So, with a G47 and a G19.5, you can also set up the G47 frame up as a G45 if you like.

Apparently, BJ Norris won the Carry Optics division and the Production division with a G47 at the the 2023 World Speed Shooting Championship, commonly known as The Steel Challenge a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 05-19-23 at 14:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The G47 has been on the market for a little while now. Anyone with any experience? Does it have anything that would recommend it over a standard G17 Gen 5?
    There is something about the 47 that defies description. It's not a 17, 45, or 19...something else.

Other thing I've noticed: Mine throw brass harder and farther than anything else, including others with the breechface cut.

There's certainly a market segment that wants that, and some more that think they do, but that number is probably much smaller than we think.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For me, I am not interested in swapping around parts on my Glocks. I wanted a G47 MOS, so I bought one. I also want a G45 MOS, but it will have to wait for a while. I like the way the G47 feels and balances.

"A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    There is something about the 47 that defies description. It's not a 17, 45, or 19...something else.

Other thing I've noticed: Mine throw brass harder and farther than anything else, including others with the breechface cut.

There's certainly a market segment that wants that, and some more that think they do, but that number is probably much smaller than we think.
    I suspect the same. Remember the wailing and whining when the G19X came out and the Internet said it was bass-ackward and would never sell? LOL! You be heard many times the 19X/45 are the best shooting Glocks out there. I personally can’t say as I like my G19-5.

I think red dots put a huge damper on long slides and the extended sight picture…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast