Thread: Is there a consensus on the reliability of shield mags for the Glock 43x?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Is there a consensus on the reliability of shield mags for the Glock 43x?

Just picked up a G43x. So far so good with the factory 10 round mags. I've got 3 shield arms 15rd mags and the shield arms mag catch, I was planning on converting it over to use the 15 rounders. I've heard mostly good things and some bad about the shield mags, but this is the internet and it could be BS. What are your guys' experience with the shield mags? Mine are Gen 2.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve had my 43x swapped to gen 2 shield arms mags for about a year now….haven’t had any issues so far. The round count isn’t huge….around 500. The G45 gets more attention….But so far I’m very happy with the conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Our firearms detail did a test on the gen 2 mags. Several thousand rounds through two or three guns. No issues. Its a pretty popular detective/plain clothes setup and I haven't heard of any issues from end users here.

I had a couple for a short time. Worked fine but decided to just stick with factory mags for now. Probably going to sell the 43x and go back to a 26 as my big hands handle the fatter grip much better.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"