Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So For An RDS Handgun, Wouldn't You Actually Want It Forward Of The Ejection Port?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Same here. The front fibers are so fragile, but they work good. Oddly enough, with aging eyes, the smaller front sights (thinner) work better. My son's X5 Legion has a narrow fiber front sight, and It was pleasing to shoot.
    I put Warren Tacticals on a 1911 I had...red front fiber optic and blacked out serrated rear.....I shot a lot better with it than the 3 dot sights it came with...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The front fibers are so fragile, but they work good.
    I avoided earlier fiber optic fronts due to durability concerns, but at least some of them were set up to protect the rod better than newer sights that have the rod just hanging out in space between the front and rear mount points.

It seems like whatever loss of brightness from having the rod fully contacting the base at 6 o'clock or supported and protected in the middle would be a very good trade off and could even be mitigated by lengthening the sight somewhat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    The other week I was shooting my XM177 clone with it's irons, and I couldn't focus on the front sight (it's a thin, NM front sight) which slowed me down during some drills.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Yeah I hate all-black sights on a pistol.
    Try using a white paint marker.

I prefer my rear sight to be in front of the mrds but with my g19.5mos I aint going to spend the money to have it sent to AA to get their setup. the juice isnt worth the squeeze.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A white paint marker would make no sense, the Ameriglos I use are excellent.

White would also make little sense on a rifle front sight post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    A white paint marker would make no sense, the Ameriglos I use are excellent.

White would also make little sense on a rifle front sight post.
    I use white pretty often, better than nothing.

But I've been meaning to use white as a base & paint over that with something that pops more like an intense orange.

But I haven't found just the right color / product yet.

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For pistol? See my post about the Ameriglos, a few back.

Or I guess orange or yellow nail polish over white, if you're doing the paint thing.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 05-27-23 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Try using a white paint marker.
    I actually did have a small dot of white paint just below the tip of the FSP. Doesn't work for me anymore. I need high-contrast red or green (it's in the mail).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I use white pretty often, better than nothing.

But I've been meaning to use white as a base & paint over that with something that pops more like an intense orange.

But I haven't found just the right color / product yet.

Any ideas?
    I use the Birchwood Casey pens...a few layers of white than one to 2 layers of the orange, then a quick coat of clear gloss... Works for me to brighten up the FSB.. I tried the green and they don't work as well for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    I use the Birchwood Casey pens...a few layers of white than one to 2 layers of the orange, then a quick coat of clear gloss... Works for me to brighten up the FSB.. I tried the green and they don't work as well for me.
    Thanks, I'll try that!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567