Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: North face joins the woke train.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I dont buy that crap because its overpriced crap so its a boycott if you think really hard about it.

What I hate is "outdors men companies" overcharging because "bushcraft", like dude your haversack is not worth 200 ****ing dollhairs.
    I definitely have my price point for sure. Plus, I don't do any high altitude/expedition type stuff anymore, so I am not going to pay that $ for those things to wear on the local 5-mile trail at the state park. I will pay that kind of money if I was going to use it hard.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    North Farce practically invented woke. Patitunias is even worse.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    North Farce practically invented woke. Patitunias is even worse.
    But it doesn't mean it is not good gear. If it (whatever the "it" is) offends you, don't buy it. Everyone has to draw their own line.
    Last edited by chuckman; 05-25-23 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    ...but I don't know that I would NOT buy TNF or Patagonia or Arc'teryx because of their social pandering or, in the case of Arc'teryx, making something in a sweat shop in Bangladesh for pennies on the dollar if it is what I need.
    Patagonia and Arc'teryx both have/have had military lines. Arc'teryx has their LEAF line and Patagonia used to produce some of the PCU stuff (MARS). Search 'Patagonia L9' and you'll see some more current stuff. I'm sure the majority of their customers aren't aware of them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Patagonia and Arc'teryx both have/have had military lines. Arc'teryx has their LEAF line and Patagonia used to produce some of the PCU stuff (MARS). Search 'Patagonia L9' and you'll see some more current stuff. I'm sure the majority of their customers aren't aware of them.
    Lost Arrow stuff pops up on ebay here and there. They had some interesting pieces and options.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I have not had the Patagonia gear, though I am aware of it. Even though I am out now I still have a decent amount of Arc'teryx LEAF apparel. Some of it is Canadian-made, some of it was made in Bangladesh. But all of it has held up well.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I want to know which "outdoor" brands are not going along with this shit, because it's getting really hard to find any and I am sure they could use some support.
    From what I've seen, KUHL, Mountain Khaki, and Fjallraven are fairly safe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    From what I've seen, KUHL, Mountain Khaki, and Fjallraven are fairly safe.
    And Mountain Hardwear (as far as I know)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    What I hate is "outdors men companies" overcharging because "bushcraft", like dude your haversack is not worth 200 ****ing dollhairs.
    It’s all scale. If you’re trying to make a living, you have to either price high or sell high volume.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    It’s all scale. If you’re trying to make a living, you have to either price high or sell high volume.
    Yes, this is true. The North Face is still has their elite line of gear for serious outdoorsman, but they don't make a ton of money on it because that is a small fraction of their clientele.

Arc'teryx is the same way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123