Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Were To Leave Your State...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If You Were To Leave Your State...

Where would you go and why? I like hear about what others are considering and why.

Me: I moved from People's Republic of MA 7+ years ago to FL. FL has treated me well, but I like to investigate other places. States like TX, NC, TN have been on my radar for more land, moderate weather, etc. As a rule, states in the middle of the country don't tend to get my attention as I being too far from the ocean makes me anxious, and or weather does not do it for me, etc.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I recently moved from Washington state to Houston where i bought land and promptly sold it then moved to the deep south of Lauisiana. It was a huge move and while i loved Washington it was no longer friendly to freedom loving individuals. Houston was huge and overpopulated and run by Democrats. Lauisiana is well, sweaty, full of wildlife, sweaty, fairly cheap to live and people leave you alone.

I thought about Florida but like Texas the taxes are insane and will only get worse. Unfortunatley New Yorkers and Californians will ruin Florida and Texas very soon. The negatives of La is homeowners insurance and the heat.
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 05-24-23 at 13:31.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We lived in WA for 30 years and finally moved in '01 to AZ. Washington then wasn't the anti-gun sh!thole it is now, but you couldn't own MGs. The 'Big 3' that I always wanted started with the M16, followed by the AK47, and then the UZI. I had shot friend's guns in OR but we liked AZ as we always went for spring training there (Mariners). Going on 23 years we still love it, and yes, are used to the heat*.

*plus we don't have humidity, 'gators, or Pythons**.

**except Colt ones.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Moved from NJ to NC. Going to be 4 years this Sunday. We couldn't be happier.

I wish I had gotten a little more land, wanted 5, got 3 acres. I wish it would been a little more rural but the wife needs to get to Raleigh for work and we didn't want her drive to be a nightmare. Even still we are 15 minutes to the closest grocery store.

When I moved by boss didn't want me to leave, so I stayed working for an NJ company from home. I was a pioneer before the Rona! lol. I get effed at tax time but I am still up when you consider how low my property taxes are compared to what they would have been in NJ.

We're a 35-40 min outside of Raleigh but I avoid it as much as possible. I don't feel like I am missing anything there.

We are about two hours from the closest beach but having our own pool I have yet to make it out there.

I thought I would hate the heat, which I still do, but so far it hasn't been as bad as I expected.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    We lived in WA for 30 years and finally moved in '01 to AZ. Washington then wasn't the anti-gun sh!thole it is now, but you couldn't own MGs. The 'Big 3' that I always wanted started with the M16, followed by the AK47, and then the UZI. I had shot friend's guns in OR but we liked AZ as we always went for spring training there (Mariners). Going on 23 years we still love it, and yes, are used to the heat*.

*plus we don't have humidity, 'gators, or Pythons**.

**except Colt ones.
    Washington went from mostly gun friendly to Nazi while i lived there. I lived there for 40years. Lots of gators here and lots and lots of moccisans. I have a pond and carry my 22 pistol whenever i fish.
    Last edited by hotbiggun42; 05-24-23 at 13:49.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Six years ago I would have told people Michigan is a great place to be, with a competent if RINO governor, staunch Republican legislature (many real), good economy, common sense and lack of broad stupidity, etc. Back before the 2018 election and legalized cannabis things were pretty good.

Then it all went to hell, very fast. Very, very fast.

So I'm looking for a possible move, but spooked that any place that seems good now might do a similarly fast change. In my lifetime California was one of the most Republican states in the nation, with a huge and thriving middle class, and prosperity for almost everyone; look where it is now.

*https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-...oting-history/

At the moment, from a political and economic perspective I'd focus on the western midwest and high plains, but the weather and relative lack of civilization isn't for everyone. Florida looks good at the moment politically, but one rigged or surprising election could turn things around badly.

Oh, and in the past I would have voted Texas, but between the leftist politics taking over its big cities, and some close-up viewing of its court system courtesy of clients who've been sued there on frivolous BS, I would be ultra careful about Texas. The Uvalde clown show didn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Washington went from mostly gun friendly to Nazi while i lived there. I lived there for 40years.
    I wish I could have lived in Washington before it went full-retard. I tried to get a job there in 1999-2001, right around the tech bust, and didn't get any offers. I kept it in mind, visited a couple times, and made serious plans - talking to realtors, viewing houses, etc. - about 10 years later, but some pieces just didn't fall into place. Tried again 3 years after that, finally realized that things I took for granted (public land and beach access) were nonexistent in greater SEATAC, plus home prices were insane by then, multiples of the prices any other place I was interested in. In 20/20 hindsight I totally dodged a bullet given how Seattle and the state have gone since then.

Downtown Seattle seemed decent if slightly gritty in 2003. In 2008 both downtown and suburbs seemed fine, about the same, and I saw a big (20+ people) open carry dinner at a downtown Seattle restaurant, with no controversy or retardedness. I kinda doubt that would still be a good idea.

Feedback Score
    As a former Californian, Washingtonian, Minnesotan and now Wisconsinite, I would look at Utah. I've had nothing but good experiences with Salt Lake City and the 5 beautiful national parks nearby I think it offers a lot. My wife wants AZ but that is getting a little too blue for me.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    We moved from Wisconsin to Georgia last year. Love love love the area. Moved into Senoia,GA aka Woodbury or Alexandria from the walking Dead.

Love the weather. Love the people. Love the extra daylight during winter. Love the lower cost of living. Love the property taxes.

Do miss some of the Midwest food…but that be about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Unfortunatley New Yorkers and Californians will ruin Florida and Texas very soon.
    People keep saying this, but Covid really changed the old assumptions about who and why people are moving. Now you need to add in post Roe restrictions in red states. White liberal women, even post menopausal ones, don’t want to live anywhere you can’t kill babies up until birth.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    People keep saying this, but Covid really changed the old assumptions about who and why people are moving. Now you need to add in post Roe restrictions in red states. White liberal women, even post menopausal ones, don’t want to live anywhere you can’t kill babies up until birth.
    Seen it happen in washington state. Its a real concern.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast