Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Current Sionics Gas Ports

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,933
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I’m sure the BRT gas tubes are good quality kit, and I probably wouldn’t hesitate to try one out if needed. But if I’m buying a barrel I’d rather just have the GP right from the start.
    Agreed! Plus those tubes aren't cheap!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,260
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve seen Sionics 12.5” barrels mentioned a few times, but don’t recall ever seeing one on their website.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    902
    Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I have a pair of 11.5" that are less than 2 years old. As I recall, they are 0.0625" ports.
    Are yours the RGP or ERGP barrels?

    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Agreed! Plus those tubes aren't cheap!
    Yeah they’re not cheap, but still a good fix if you happen to already have an over gassed barrel vs tossing the barrel and finding a new one. But like I said earlier, if I’m starting with a stripped barrel I just rather have it right from the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I’ve seen Sionics 12.5” barrels mentioned a few times, but don’t recall ever seeing one on their website.
    They are up on their site now. Im not sure how long they’ve been there, but I also see a 14.8” length as well.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,772
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Are yours the RGP or ERGP barrels?
    Mine are considered the standard barrel. At the time the barrels were purchased, you only had the choice between standard and ERGP. From what I've read, the RGP became the standard barrel at some point prior.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    31,933
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Yeah they’re not cheap, but still a good fix if you happen to already have an over gassed barrel vs tossing the barrel and finding a new one. But like I said earlier, if I’m starting with a stripped barrel I just rather have it right from the start.
    Agree on both points.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Central TX
    Posts
    240
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can't find my notes with the gas port size on my Sionics 12.5 mid-length barrel. I've only shot it with AE 75grain TMJ and Speer 75grain Gold Dot, but it's perfectly gassed with an A5H2. Ejection is at 3:30 and it's VERY soft shooting. With a Surefire Mini it ejects at 2:00.

    I've been very happy with this barrel. I've shot four of them and they've all been 1.75" or less for 10 shot groups. Mine is consistently under 1.5", often at 1.25" for 10 shots.
    HIPPIES SMELL

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    902
    Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Mine are considered the standard barrel. At the time the barrels were purchased, you only had the choice between standard and ERGP. From what I've read, the RGP became the standard barrel at some point prior.
    I hope that’s still the case today. Regardless, I ended up ordering another one but in ERGP. When i get home before the New Year I’ll take measurements of the two and post what i find here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedreaux View Post
    I can't find my notes with the gas port size on my Sionics 12.5 mid-length barrel. I've only shot it with AE 75grain TMJ and Speer 75grain Gold Dot, but it's perfectly gassed with an A5H2. Ejection is at 3:30 and it's VERY soft shooting. With a Surefire Mini it ejects at 2:00.

    I've been very happy with this barrel. I've shot four of them and they've all been 1.75" or less for 10 shot groups. Mine is consistently under 1.5", often at 1.25" for 10 shots.
    Interesting, i had no idea they ever offered a 12.5 midlength.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •