Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A2 sized comp recommendations

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A2 sized comp recommendations

Hello all,
    going on an 5.56 18" rifle gas, dont want any long or heavy suppressor adapter brakes. Market really moved that way in development.

whats out there these days? i have a BCE 2.0 and a Griffin hammer comp i can throw on, bcm mod 1's meh ok i guess have that.

dont want anything to blasty i suppose, anything new thats not a keymo or some system?

just a good a2 sized comp. thank you for any guidance. been a while

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You've been here awhile, so you've probably heard this more than once, but I'll say it again anyway. The A2 comp offers a lot of bang for the buck. You can spend a lot more without getting a lot more, though of course the ends do justify the means at a certain point.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes sir you are very very correct X1000 and lord knows if i take anyone's advice to grave it would be yours stick and i know you have my best and wallets best interest in mind with that advice

I certainly wish i could but im am at the moment in a ban state. I could grab V seven Ti a2 (advertised as not a flash hider) it would be a bit of a sparkler in low light being TI but probably no more or less than the others

but would maybe be less blasty and enjoyable to shoot? or am i chasing intangible's in things i wont probably even notice?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you wanted to put the equivalent of bling on your rifle:

Its works but its just not cost effective.

I bet you Stick owns one on some rifle in the back of his safe .
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-05-23 at 13:47.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMT85 View Post
    Yes sir you are very very correct X1000 and lord knows if i take anyone's advice to grave it would be yours stick and i know you have my best and wallets best interest in mind with that advice

I certainly wish i could but im am at the moment in a ban state. I could grab V seven Ti a2 (advertised as not a flash hider) it would be a bit of a sparkler in low light being TI but probably no more or less than the others

but would maybe be less blasty and enjoyable to shoot? or am i chasing intangible's in things i wont probably even notice?
    I'm sorry you live on cursed earth. The below would fill the bill for a comp that isn't crazy expensive, but I have not used it personally.

https://kakindustry.com/1-2-28-extended-compensator

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

I bet you Stick owns one on some rifle in the back of his safe .

Stick

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/864429f28413397408846990ed85de81/tumblr_o38v0qRQkP1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

https://64.media.tumblr.com/437c690a90cc37d058ec300c6e860e48/ba35501dcd4479ac-63/s1280x1920/60c0f69cf93d5c34ffb86893429d2bc67a3d9ae9.jpg[/IMG]

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ee6e8304a52007100774adfa17be054b/1e13fcb338907437-f1/s1280x1920/a1a392d4de194562f9eb0d7c35809ebb60005b60.jpg[/IMG]
    Don't tempt me on a completely nostalgia based buy now that KAC are making these again. The re-released 3D printed ones arent as cool as the wire EDM cut ones but you arent paying over $1500 on gunbroker for one either.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

I wish they would bring back that hand stop.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    I wish they would bring back that hand stop.
    Trey commented to me once upon a time when we were talking that KAC can't really make things to compete with some of the other shops. While that handstop might be easy or cheap through someone else, those other companies are smaller and can sub out work. Those companies aren't paying the power bill for a massive facility, or salaries for a bunch of workers, or benefits, or taxes on a large property piece, or a list of other things. That seems to be the reason (or at least what I took away) why KAC doesn't appear to cater to the public with some items.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Don't tempt me on a completely nostalgia based buy now that KAC are making these again. The re-released 3D printed ones arent as cool as the wire EDM cut ones but you arent paying over $1500 on gunbroker for one either.
    I had heard they were making them again, but didn't know they actually had them in production. Whats the street price on one of the new ones?

The Triple Tap certainly imparts a unique impulse when shooting.
    Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast