Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current Sionics Gas Ports

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I don’t think they’d spec that as the standard gas port; .0625 would get reliability complaints in a 11.5” unsuppressed. I think the RGP used to be .070”, which never made sense to call “reduced” or full-time suppressed….its a normal gas port size thats been used by Colt and BA for unsuppressed guns successfully. “Standard” is the right name for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    When I bought mine a few years ago, they offered standard, RGP, and ERGP. I think the reduced was .0625”, and mine has been completely reliable unsuppressed. I’ve been running random hand loads nowhere near full 5.56 pressure…unsuppressed.
    What @grizzman said. They did away with the original standard gas port and made their RGP the new "standard," with the ERGP still being the ERGP. I did measure mine, and a 1/16" drill bit fit snugly as I recall, which makes it a .0625". I've never had any issues with reliability whatsoever, FWIW. One of mine gas a BRT 0.057" gas tube and runs a dedicated direct threaded can with an A5H2. The other has a standard gas tube and runs an OSS 5.56 can with an A5H3.

ETA: I'll pull one of the gas blocks and measure it again, just to make sure I'm not misremembering.
    Last edited by georgeib; 10-05-23 at 20:46.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I just wanted to post an update since I was finally able to get a measurement.

This is for a standard port 12.5 carbine gas barrel: 0.062 pin gage fit snug; 0.063 did not fit at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123