Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
One would think that to be the case but not so. I've finger-fvcked one at a gun shop and have looked online. Pretty cool. It used to be around $4K (which was more than I would pay even then). That was a few years ago when things were "normal" price-wise, but with the "we'll raise our price because everyone else is doing it" thing called inflation you end up with a neat novelty weapon go from overly expensive to outrageous.

Since someone might mention supply vs demand, I'll guarantee you there hasn't been a huge rush on these items considering the original pricing several years ago, but now suddenly they're almost twice the price? Nah. The "Law of Supply and Demand" equation can be artificially manipulated.
I think part of it is original BAR parts are mostly gone, same thing that made AK prices triple. I remember when the first 1918 models came out I wanted one desperately because I knew I'd never have the money for an original BAR, but those went fast. If any of these are using FN parts, barrel ban keeps them from using original barrels so that means they had to come up with US made replacements.

Bottom line is like AKs, shit got expensive when cheaper parts dried up.