Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Random .22 Pistol Rant

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Tiny update - my Beretta 21is not reliable with CCI SV ammo. Mini Mag and Blazer for the win, although Stingers run well too. Velocitors failed comically - first round from each magazine consistently jammed between top of chamber and slide (3 different mags, then I quit trying).

Tiny 22s seem finicky, to put it mildly.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-20-23 at 07:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a newer Ruger Mk IV 22/45 that's been very reliable. I only have maybe 2k rounds through it though. Through about 1500 rounds of bulk pack Federal and Remington Thunderbolt, Ive had maybe a couple failures to fire. 500+ found of CCI Mini Mag and I haven't had a single issue.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I have a newer Ruger Mk IV 22/45 that's been very reliable. I only have maybe 2k rounds through it though. Through about 1500 rounds of bulk pack Federal and Remington Thunderbolt, Ive had maybe a couple failures to fire. 500+ found of CCI Mini Mag and I haven't had a single issue.
    I think, generally speaking, the "full size" 22 pistols tend to be reliable, Roger MKxx, Browning Buckmark, etc. Plus they normally work with both SV and HV ammo.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Searched the thread and surprised nobody mentioned Walther P22

There's whole threads on the rimfire and walther forums dedicated to modifying them so they actually go bang

Too bad since it's a really cool little pistol

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308TRUMPFTW View Post
    Searched the thread and surprised nobody mentioned Walther P22

There's whole threads on the rimfire and walther forums dedicated to modifying them so they actually go bang

Too bad since it's a really cool little pistol
    I had a P22, gave it to my son after discussing its shortcomings. I never warmed to it, as much as I liked the size and weight.

Andy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234