Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primary Arms SLX microprism

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    The Steiner T series goes from so dim you cannot see it to what I consider daylight bright. The reticle isn't very bold however so that illumination is necessary. Still it's a fraction of the price of an ACOG and has an adjustable eyepiece.
    How do you like that Steiner T overall? Im really considering it for a rifle. Also looking at the PA mini 3x.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    How do you like that Steiner T overall? Im really considering it for a rifle. Also looking at the PA mini 3x.
    I put off getting magnified optics far too long so this is one of my first, and I haven't even shot with it yet. Fire restrictions on public land where I shoot started about the time I got it, and lasted until prime season for hiking which is what I've been doing instead. One of these fall days I'll go out in the cold and rain and compare it to the Viper PST 1-6 I picked up around the same time, giving them both a weather test in the process. (I know that a few live fire sessions a year is inadequate but it's better than nothing.)

Compared to cheap scopes and even the Viper PST the glass seems clear and bright. That's about as much as I can offer beyond my existing observation of the illumination.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm eyeballing this SLx 5X mil reticle for an AR we just pulled an ACOG off. It says there's 8 mounting options out of the box?

(just viewed the PDF manual... nice mounting options included)
    Last edited by markm; 01-01-24 at 08:46.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have the 1x and 3x, and they are fine. I tried the 5x and it was not good. I had 2 different units and both had the same problem. No matter what I did with the diopter adjustment, I could not get the entire reticle in focus at the same time. Either the center was in focus and the outside edges blurry, or one side was focused while the other side was out of focus. I sent the first one back immediately after receiving it, and they replaced it under warranty...but the second unit had the EXACT same issue. I think it is part of the design. Maybe it was just my eyes, but I have many other optics and none of them behave like that.

I am curious if anyone else has tried the 5x and what the results were.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. That sucks. I've not pulled the trigger on one of these. I guess I'd like to try one in person before buying. I do like the 5X idea, but if it's not clear, who cares?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hopefully there will also be a higher power GLX model at some point. I like the 2X quite a bit, but I suspect they sell over twice as many of the cheaper line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Hopefully there will also be a higher power GLX model at some point. I like the 2X quite a bit, but I suspect they sell over twice as many of the cheaper line.
    There are more than a few voices (even inside of PA) advocating for a GLx 4x model. I bet it comes eventually.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123