Thread: Girsan MC P35 PI (Hi-Power clone)

Feedback Score

Girsan MC P35 PI (Hi-Power clone)

I picked up a Girsan MC P35. It's a 9mm Hi-Power clone with a shortened slide/barrel and is reminiscent of the Argentine "Detective" Hi-Powers that were available a few decades ago. With the shorter slide/barrel, it feels great for concealed carry. It is a bit heavy for its size due to the steel frame. Most of the parts appear to be interchangeable with regular Hi-Power parts except for those associated with making the slide/barrel shorter. The sights are good for my old eyes and the fit/finish appears to be good as well. The only negative that I could find is the trigger, which is pretty bad. Of course, this is typical of Hi-Powers with magazine disconnect safeties, so I'll remove it after I test fire it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Very interesting gun...I want to add a High Power to the collection but I find the hammer bite to be obnoxious. I've shot several over the years and end up with a cut hand. For me the CZ 75 works a bit better.

Feedback Score
    I put 61rds of S&B 115gr FMJ and 75rds of Remington 115gr FMJ nickel cased through it today. The reliability was 100%. Accuracy was good and the sights were big and easy to see. The trigger pull wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, but the feel of the reset was virtually nonexistent. I think this would be a detriment for target shooting, but not for defensive shooting. The chrome plated barrel is an interesting touch which should aid in cleaning it up. I did find another negative. It doesn't eject the magazines at all. By this I mean that you have to push the button and pull on the magazine floor plate. By comparison, my FM "Detective" Hi-Power, which is very similar in design and size, does eject the magazine a bit though not completely. I didn't experience any hammer bit at all, but that's never an issue for me shooting other pistols. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase. I think that it's an improvement of the full size Hi-Power design.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not to derail the thread but from my last count of currently new manufactured P35/ HiPower clones there is Springfield Armory, Girsan & Tisas, is that correct?

Feedback Score
    That's definitely a relevant question. As far as I know, you're correct. I have a Tisas and the quality is also top notch.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    FWIW, BH Spring Solutions has reviews on all 3 of the manufacturers mentioned above.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/ - scroll down to the knowledge base at the bottom (yes, that is a weird layout).

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    Not to derail the thread but from my last count of currently new manufactured P35/ HiPower clones there is Springfield Armory, Girsan & Tisas, is that correct?
    FN is making their new, updated Hi-Power also.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    FN is making their new, updated Hi-Power also.
    For me , It’s not the “classic” version.