Thread: Only 3500 pcs left to go!

Feedback Score

Only 3500 pcs left to go!

Down to the last step before I can start loading!

Finishing up the processing on about 1k TAA (all same year) and about 3k LC (all same year) once fired brass.

Cleaned, resized, cleaned again, primer crimp removed - Just got to finish this trimming and I am good to go!

Slow but accurate as hell and fully adjustable. Definitely like the carbide cutter but wish the bevel cutters were carbide as well. (plan to make a replacement carbide outside bevel cutter myself before long - should not be too difficult for that one)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good lord, you need power man! I use the World’s Finest Trimmer, others prefer Giraud for its multi action. Less trim time, more shooting!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Get this, the poor man's Giraud trimmer, LOL Out of stock here but check Midway or other venders.
    https://www.lymanproducts.com/reload...-trim-xpresstm
    Or spend the big bucks!
    https://www.giraudtool.com/giraud-power-trimmer.html

Feedback Score
    That's doing it the hard way. A friend embarked on a similar adventure, 4K of LC and originally planned using an RL1050 to process the cases but ended up starting the project by hand. After the first night he called me and asked for the loan of my Super Gracey trimmer and did pretty well, all told. About a year.....
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a RCBS trimmer. I removed the crank handle, so I can use a battery powered drill to drive the cutter. It's a lot faster than cranking by hand and no less precise.

I suggest keeping a toothbrush, or other stiff brush, handy to remove brass shavings from the cutter before they build up.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I have a RCBS trimmer. I removed the crank handle, so I can use a battery powered drill to drive the cutter. It's a lot faster than cranking by hand and no less precise.

I suggest keeping a toothbrush, or other stiff brush, handy to remove brass shavings from the cutter before they build up.
    Exactly what I am using!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How much do you trim?

Unless your crimping die has an issue with case length, for the AR I trim to 1.759. Just enough that I don't need to worry about chambering.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am a WFT fan. Easy to adjust and can trim big piles pretty quickly. I usually trim for one cordless drill battery before I get tired of trimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Good lord, you need power man! I use the World’s Finest Trimmer, others prefer Giraud for its multi action. Less trim time, more shooting!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    How much do you trim?

Unless your crimping die has an issue with case length, for the AR I trim to 1.759. Just enough that I don't need to worry about chambering.
    I am 100% with you on leaning to the longer side there. My measuring tools are showing me about 1.755 when all is said and done.

For me and with respect to this brass (same lot but fired from different firearms / chambers), That number gives me the slightest of touches (case mouth face) on even the shortest brass in this pile.

I do like that with this tool you can see before you even start trimming how much is about to get honked off.

(Keep in mind that these pictures show where the inside and outside bevel cutter heads touch and stop and NOT the primary length cutter... They touch the untrimmed case mouth before the center cutter does.)

This is a 'short' case in this batch and that gap is barely enough to hit the face of the brass after doing the bevels.

This one was on the longer end of needing trimming.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Exactly what I am using!
    Phew! I can rest easy now Had me worried you were hand cranking!