I had two guns start to act weird yesterday!

My recently SBR'd AR with Colt Commando Upper had two odd malfunctions yesterday. First, I had a failure to ignite. I didn't notice if it was out of battery. I just kicked it out. It worked on the second shot. The second malfunction was an empty case stuck above the bolt, oddly, with an unfired cartridge in the chamber (the empty case was sticking out of the ejection port.

Background,

I have had this upper for a long time (about 7 years), I have shot if with thousands of round of steel, 22, brass, etc. It has gone through many phases...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ars&highlight=

I don't clean it religiously, but I do clean it every few outings. It isn't disgusting right now.

I was running it with 55 grain Hornaday Frontier. That ammo has run perfectly in every gun. I was shooting it with my Surefire Socom as usual. I will say recently I have been shooting it with Tula steel without the suppressor and it was running fine. I wonder if it is finally over gassed?

So, AR masters....What say you? Give me your best diagnostic tips and I will do what I need to do. If I have to replace the barrel and gas system I will probably just buy a whole new assembly. I really dig the way I have it setup these days..

IMG_2910 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr