Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: If The Cops Already Have Their Gun Pointed At You, Don't Try And Outdraw Them...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    7,514
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    If you think that was a zero-to-hundred response... this was bonkers.
    Wow.
    Pretty sure that guy was gone 6 seconds after he fell. All that arm movement looked like post mortem twitching.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,129
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    If you think that was a zero-to-hundred response... this was bonkers.
    Pill bottles and hatchet go flying...yeah that didn't have a lot of warning time.

    Most LEOs are so conditioned that a car slowly pulling up to them needs help or is telling them something they need to know it's almost a form of camouflage to do it.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    155
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank goodness the majority of these police shootings involved unskilled adversaries… it would be horrific if otherwise.
    EATADIK.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,598
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    Thank goodness the majority of these police shootings involved unskilled adversaries… it would be horrific if otherwise.
    The two videos here also involve cops who were VERY good shots under surprise and stress. The vast majority of cops would not have done so well in these instances, especially the totally nuts Naperville traffic-bystander-berserker.

    Look up NYPD shootings for what happens with low skill levels.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,107
    Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but here is some crazy shit. The cop's retention holster no doubt saved his life.



    If you prefer to view without Donut's commentary or just want to see more.

    Officers Shoot Suspect In Harrowing Close Call
    Last edited by titsonritz; 06-08-23 at 00:11.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,129
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but here is some crazy shit. The cop's retention holster no doubt saved his life.



    If you prefer to view without Donut's commentary or just want to see more.

    Officers Shoot Suspect In Harrowing Close Call
    That was unreal. Cop is damn lucky he survived when the responding officer lit up the vehicle. The takeaway, when somebody is and has been trying to kill you, don't listen to a damn thing they say. All sociopaths are gonna try and say they aren't trying to hurt you. Psycho was willing to kill a cop over a stolen U haul.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    700
    Feedback Score
    0
    That cop tried to hand over his firearm. Why are you talking on the radio before you've secured the suspect, it can't help you. Then when he's in a fight for his life he doesn't recognize it and all we can do is weakly plead sir you're not under arrest. I hope he finds a new career, because being a cop ain't for him.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,129
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That cop tried to hand over his firearm. Why are you talking on the radio before you've secured the suspect, it can't help you. Then when he's in a fight for his life he doesn't recognize it and all we can do is weakly plead sir you're not under arrest. I hope he finds a new career, because being a cop ain't for him.

    Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I'm gonna go with because he strongly sensed it was gonna go wrong so he tried to secure the suspect (who was NEVER gonna cooperate) and communicate his urgent need for backup at the same time AND do a little weapon retention while you are at it. For anyone who has never done it, it's stupid easy. You just keep your hand on the gun, try to put the cuffs on and at the same time simply make sure you don't get punched in the face or stabbed by a screwdriver.

    I've seen lots of film of people do it lots worse than this. The real shit part is if 99.9% of departments didn't lose their impact weapons right after the Rodney King incident, the officer could have gone to a viable compliance weapon and been more successful with the whole "secure the suspect" kind of thing. Problem is, for reasons we don't know yet, that suspect KNEW he was going to jail for something eventually so the whole "you don't have to be arrested" thing was meaningless to the suspect. He probably had prior convictions and knew one more was the end of him.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6,602
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    That was unreal. Cop is damn lucky he survived when the responding officer lit up the vehicle.
    So was everyone preparing or eating McFood inside the backstop.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,107
    Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    So was everyone preparing or eating McFood inside the backstop.
    They were lucky no one got ran over when the car was doing a full reverse into the parking lot under no control.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •