Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: June 1 Brace Enforcement?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Should be interesting to see what happens to all the "free" registrations once this is stopped by the courts. The fact that none of the so called approvals have a stamp attached, and also that all the approvals are "approved with conditions," with the conditions being contingent on ATF's final rule is very telling. I'd bet dollars to donuts that when this is stopped, and it certainly seems that this will be the case, all those "free" approvals will be null.
    The stamp is only there to show you paid the 200 dollar tax. My work gun doesnt have a stamp for the gun or the suppressor. The forms (5?) are there, but no stamp.

The conditions only had to do with the tax waiver. It's still an approved form 1.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also just noted that the 255k number is the number of applications, not the number of people. I did two guns. I know someone that did 5.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    The stamp is only there to show you paid the 200 dollar tax. My work gun doesnt have a stamp for the gun or the suppressor. The forms (5?) are there, but no stamp.

The conditions only had to do with the tax waiver. It's still an approved form 1.
    That's cool. Hopefully it's not revocable.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The 99.4% said lick my bag.
    That was the only 'correct' answer for those bastages.

Lick my bag after I get done mowing the grass sort of stuff...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    As I said, how many of "new member" were already "members"?
    Here… and after my 6 were approved, I submitted a paid Form 1 for my SBS. Was originally a braced TAC-14, and if I could have saved $200 and not engrave it… I would have without hesitation.

That is 6 SBRs, one pending SBS, three suppressors and a FFL. Add in Federal L/E… I’m well on the list. And I know people who are a lot higher on said list than myself.

People first started to argue that the approval was “pending the rule.” No, “pursuant” means in accordance with. Rule was published, and approvals were based off it. Now, if it does get overturned… I doubt ATF will look to cancel those approvals. Why would they? Wouldn’t they rather them be on the registry?

From what I looked into, this process was identical to how those “evil” shotguns (Street Sweeper and alike) were reclassified as DD in the 1990s (just minus the eForms part). I’ve yet to see first hand account on it, but would bet money that those Form 1s… and yes, they were Form 1s… didn’t have a stamp on them upon approval.

I also just noted that the 255k number is the number of applications, not the number of people. I did two guns. I know someone that did 5.
    Six here…

All 6 were going to be SBRed… as time/money allowed. No tax, it allowed me to set money aside for stocks. My PTR 9CT has an original German A3 stock… so might have just broke even.

For the brace subject, Clint Smith called it 2.5 years ago… starts at 10:40ish. Some might get pissed, but it really is how most people look onto it… especially non-gun people, who will be those that might have to decide on this in court.

https://youtu.be/pLBCzry8ZjA

I played the game for a few years (2019 was when I moved to ME and built my first AR pistol, but had the braced TAC-14 for years prior)… just like everyone else. I did like the pistol for storage in a vehicle with carry permit. But 7.62x39mm shoots much better from a stock than a brace.

Whether ATF approved the brace or not, I think the last time I saw a brace used as intended was in the GunThots YouTube video on the 9CT when they sarcastically showed the brace being used for a few seconds. Might have been Christmas of last year, just before the brace ruling.

Only thing I think gives the brace argument a chance in hell for winning is that ATF isn’t the legislative branch; it’s the executive branch. But I think arguing that braced pistols/SBRs are common use and that it really doesn’t make a huge difference in crime for having those kinds of firearms on the NFA… might be the better route. Remember, SBR/SBS are restricted because handguns were originally on the NFA, and they didn’t want people making a “handgun” out of a long gun. Handguns get pulled because of the potential backlash… but SBR/SBS were still restricted.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It really does not matter what Clint Smith or anyone else thinks of braces. The ATF waffled on the subject for years and allowed MILLIONS of braced pistols to be sold before reversing themselves and declaring a braced pistol is actually an SBR.

There is no precedent of this magnitude regarding NFA and it is a precursor to the ATF unilaterally deciding semi-automatic forearms are actually NFA items.

Andy

Feedback Score
    The ATF just mainstreamed owning NFA items….
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456